Chapter VII (UNEDITED)

When I awoke, I was no longer in Papyrus' room, but instead a different one I had never seen before. It was smaller compared to the skeletons' rooms, almost as if this weren't supposed to be a room at all, something more along the lines of a storage room instead. I laid in a small twin bed mattress without a bed frame. The floor was wooden and had specks of dust on it. The only piece of decoration in the room was a lamp lighting up the windowless room. The only means of escape was through the wooden door in (what I'm guessing is) front of the room.

          I sat up and stretched my arms out. Much to my surprise, I could touch both sides of the room's walls with my fingertips. I crawled out of the bed and walked towards the door. There was a full body mirror on the wall that I hadn't noticed. I looked at myself. My body was scarred and bruised from both the skeletons' abuse and the burns I received from Toriel. I had bags under my eyes and my hair was a mess. But then I realized I didn't have any clothes on. There was no closet in the room or any other furniture indicating the storage of some kind of clothing. I went back to the bed and ripped a sheet off of it. I always had hair ties on my wrists, probably a habit I've gotten from when I was a child. But now they act more as an accessory rather than the purpose of tying hair. I used one of the many ties and tied the sheet around my body terribly. It was a makeshift dress, reminding me of Ariel from the little mermaid when she first washed onto shore as a human. Except, I looked much worse seeing as how I wasn't a natural beauty nor a princess.

          Now that I wasn't completely naked, I opened the door. Much to my surprise, they had left it unlocked. I walked out the door and was instantly hit in the face with warmth. I hadn't realized that the room I was previously in was so cold. I looked around the familiar, yet, new surroundings of the house. I was still in the skeletons' house, no doubt. I wrapped the blankets around my frame tighter, afraid of bumping into the skeletons. I was upstairs, in a hallway I hadn't noticed before. I crept towards the stairs, making sure to tiptoe around the rooms that I had memorized earlier... or was it yesterday? I'm never good with time. I walked over to the door, my hand shaking as it went towards the knob. With a surge of bravery, I gripped the handle and turned it. The door turned out to be locked. "Fuck," I whispered. The only way to unlock the door seemed to involve a key. For some reason it wasn't a door that had some kind of switch to unlock. There was a keyhole instead of that switch, and I assumed it looked identical on the other side of the door.

          I went around and tried to see if I could escape any other way. But I couldn't, everything was locked. I was trapped; a prisoner. I turned around and headed back into the room I was just previously in. Then, just as I reached the stairs to go back upstairs, a red flash blinded me for a second and I was no longer on the stairway. A wave of nausea hit my head and I doubled over in pain whilst covering my mouth to make sure that nothing came out of it. Laughter exploded out of nowhere and looked up, finally taking a good look at where I was. It didn't look like anywhere I had seen. I was in an awfully small room. The walls were white and there was a tiny bench on a wall. The only other piece of decoration was fairly big dressing mirror. The room resembled a fitting room you'd find at a clothing store. I could see Sans in the reflection behind me laughing.

            "Hello doll," he said after containing his giggles. I frowned in his direction.

"Hey yourself. What happened and how did I get here?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

"First off, you need to chill. Secondly, I figured, since you're gonna be stayin' with us for a while, you might wanna get some clothes that actually fit you. Unless, ya know, you'd prefer to stay in those..." his eyes traveled along my body as he licked his tongue. I glared at him even more so than before and wrapped the sheets on my body tighter around me. Sans sighed and his expression changed to one of sympathy and kindness. It looked like he was a different person. His smile, which I had never seen him without, was now slightly turned downwards. "Listen, I'm just trying to be nice."

"Nice? I didn't even know that was in your vocabulary."

"Yeah well, it is. Sorry for being so... hard on you in the beginnin'. It's hard to explain but, you'll figure it out," Sans said to me. I looked in his eyes for any sign of a lie, but there was none. He was genuinely apologizing, even if it was a bit weak, I guess it's as good as any.

          "Well... as long as I'm getting proper clothing, I guess there's not much harm anyways." I cracked a small sympathetic smile towards him  and Sans lit up. He really did look completely different, as if I weren't talking to the Sans I had initially met. Maybe he had some kind of personality disorder?

          "Alright then, you can't really go out into the store, but I'll bring you one of everything and we'll see what you like," he grinned. I laughed, thinking he was serious at all.

          "Very funny, I think I know how to get my own clothing. I don't need you to act as my parent or something," I said as I walked past him and made my way toward the door of the dressing room. Sans grabbed my arm before I could even touch the metal handle. His grip was gentle, yet firm, and I could tell by the way he looked at me, that he wasn't joking.

          "You can't go out. This is a monster clothing store... a famous monster clothing store. If they saw you, a human, Undyne would be down here in ten seconds top ready to spear your guts out."

          "Undyne?"

          "Head of the Royal Guard; Elite forces under the direct control of the king. Pap has been tryin' to get in for years." I winced when I heard Papyrus' name.

           "W-well then... I guess you're gonna get me clothes," I laughed nervously as I took my arm away from his grip. "By the way, why is this store so... 'famous' in your terms?"

          "Well, it could be the fact that it's the only high-class store. Not to mention it's run by the underground's most famous star M-E-T-T-A-T-O-N," he spelled out the name.

          "Metta—" I began.

          "Don't say it!"

          "—ton?" I accidentally finished. Then, out of no where, the lights dimmed and a manly, yet feminine and robotic, voice came moaning out "Oh yeah!" In the corner of my eye, I could see Sans tense up.