Chapter 8:

One moment he'd been sipping champagne and chatting it up with one of the most intriguing women he was yet to meet in almost non-existent lifetime, and the next? Well.... James was yet to figure that one out. Where ever he was, it was not good judging by the ropes that bound his hands and disoriented mind. With a groan, the con forced his spinning head into an upright position and struggled to focus his vision on his surroundings. He was quite surprised to find it was his office in Wyatt Enterprises with it's floor to ceiling view of New York and rather expensive geometric furnishings.

"So glad to see you're, in fact, not dead!" An all too familiar voice mocked, tone laced with the amusement of seeing such a clever man defeated by his own wit.

Alan. James thought to himself bitterly, though couldn't muster the strength to snap back at his former employer. (Well, to be fair he hadn't been fired yet, but it seemed pretty obvious he was no longer employed after this stunt.)

Why hadn't he thought of this? It seemed so obvious now that he really thought it out. Since when had Alan ever invited one of his many personal assistants to such a formal event? Never! Idiot. He chided himself. If he hadn't gotten excited, he wouldn't be in this situation, not that it mattered since he would be out of it soon with his head on a silver platter and presented to Alan Wyatt.

"Anyways. Would love to stay and chat Monroe," The Salt n' Pepper haired CEO taunted, a smirk pulling at his lips in satisfaction, "We have lots to talk about, especially about stealing my fortune, but I've a girl to tend to, and you've got an Agent to murder."