Broken Egg

A/N

So, I know this is a bit too late, but here's the chapter, this one was more difficult than I thought it would be, but I finished it just in time, so please enjoy!

----------

Recap:

Artura finds out she has, somehow, a copy of herself, though it's not a she, but a he.

They both defeat the angel statues and return to the room, when they find everyone on the floor, motionless. They are then surprised by the armor and Artura stays and fights it meanwhile the boy goes after the other two statues.

She finally defeats it but the armor uses a blue rock to escape, but also bringing several people with it!

But just before Artura could do something she encounters the person she was less expecting to find...

----------

–Nahuátl girl? –I said and she kind of ignored me.

She then stood up and looked at everyone.

She kneeled in front of a woman and grabbed her wrist and nodded.

–Are they fine? –I asked expectantly.

She ignored me again. I checked myself, but there was no need to as several people started moving and recovering from whatever had happened to them. They only had fainted!

But I didn't know how.

Nahuátl girl then grabbed her compass from her shawl and examined it.

She then exited the room from where the boy had left.

The boy!

I ran outside the room and looked for some kind of clue as of where he went. Then I realized little cracks in the floor made up a path and so I followed and ran alongside nahuátl girl, who apparently was also following the footprints (do those count as footprints?), but for some reason she kept staring at her compass.

I don't like admitting it, but she was difficult to keep up with. And I kind of didn't.

I continued following the footprints until I started to hear sounds.

–We're almost there! –I said.

This time she didn't ignore me as she ran faster, leaving me behind.

–How are you so fast? –I said, but she didn't pay me attention, just when I thought she would stop doing that.

The sounds came from a hallway to the right, just ahead of us.

We arrived to the hallway and saw the boy crouched and exhausted just in front of the statue.

–Look out! –I yelled at him and he immediately dodged the enormous hand that tried to crush him.

It hit the ground and lots of rubble went flying everywhere around the boy, but, luckily, only some dust reached him.

–Don't worry!, I got this –I told him as I ran to his attacker.

I then jumped right in front it and made it step back by slashing a part of its leg.

I was amazing!

–Get up, copy, and let's end him together! –I told the boy and he nodded with a smile.

–Whoever hits the last strike will be called the original by the other one –he said as he was getting up.