The First One

A/N

I'm really sorry for uploading this one so late, it's just that I didn't know how to put in words what I had been planing, and I've been really busy with, let's call it, summer school, but I finally finished it, so I hope you enjoy it! :)

----------

Recap:
Our protagonists follow the statues to the museum's basement and prevent the statues from stealing the relic, but break it in the process...

----------

I heard like the wind grazing the walls and the floor, almost as if it was a scream. But...

  There was no wind.

  The light slowly faded, but I still couldn't open my eyes until moments later.

  I wish I hadn't.

  In front of me a monstrous creature erected itself.

  It looked like a giant red worm made out of crystal with three enormous fangs on its eyeless head... and it was pointing it in my direction.

  Nahuátl girl murmured me something, but I couldn't understand what it was.

  The beast kept 'staring' at me, moving its head to my surroundings slowly.

  The girl then slowly crouched down and grabbed a small object from the floor and then threw it to the other side of the room.

  The object fell almost noiseless, but apparently the worm still heard it.

  The beast straightened and let out a deafening shriek at the same time it pounced to the spot the object was with so much force it even pierced the floor.

  Nahuátl girl then walked really slowly towards the stairs and the boy and I followed her.

  The beast didn't seem to notice our movement as it was distracted tearing apart whatever it though made the sound.

  –Are we going to just leave it there? –the boy asked as low as he could.

  –No, we're gonna get help. Right?

  –But who knows what that thing could do before someone arrives and tries to stop it!

  –What else could we do?, that thing is huge!, even the statue was afraid of it –I whispered.

  –But don't tell me you were afraid of the statues, they were no match for us –he told me.

  –They were still stronger than us, if our swords weren't as sharp we wouldn't even have tickled them –I responded.

  –But the thing is, and I know you have noticed it: our swords aren't sharp at all.

  He caressed the blade with his finger.

  –Yeah, I noticed –suddenly the three of us stopped –. Do you think they're enchanted or something?

  –I do, and therefore I know you too –he pointed.

  That was true.

  –We can't just leave this thing here.

  –No... we can't –I said –, and if we're right about the swords...

  –Do we really think this is going to work?

  –Well, if it doesn't, at least we had our adventure, right?