NADE... a Home

A/N

Well, I wrote this one faster than the last ones. But is it as good?
Enjoy and find out :D

----------

Recap:
A beast has been freed from the egg and our protagonists decide to stop it there and then!
But, when they think they've defeated it, Artura lows her guard and starts teasing the boy saying she won and therefore is the original and the two start arguing until the beast reappears and the two try to kill it before the other one until she feels remorse and sacrifices herself so the boy doesn't get eaten by the beast.
But she does.

----------

  I was falling slowly through the beast's throat. But strangely enough I wasn't touching something solid, I felt as if I was falling through incredibly dense air. Still, I couldn't move; a warm sensation ascended from my feet until it suddenly stopped and fell directly to the ground and my sword next to me.

  The worm had disappeared.

  –Are you okay?! –the boy said; running in my direction.

  I had fallen over my back and it throbbed with pain, but I guess apart from that I was fine.

  He helped me stood up and let me lean some of my weight on him, it seemed like every hit I had received that day decided to make itself present until that moment.

  The orb from which the beast appeared was laying some feet away from us. I stared at it for a few moments.

  –But is it going to emerge again? –I asked him.

  –I don't know; but we should go just in case –he responded.

  Nahuátl girl walked pass us and grabbed something from her shawl and carefully trapped the orb inside it.

  –What did you just do? –the boy asked before I could ask the same myself.

  She then showed us the object she had on her hands. A golden egg with red diamonds on the sides.

  –Wait, but wasn't it broken? –I asked.

  –Yes –she answered.

  –Oh, so now you speak –I exclaimed.

  She stared at me with an annoyed expression.

  –Then how did you repair it? –the boy asked.

  –It is from the exhibition –she told him and put it on her shawl and turned to us.

  –And what now? –I said.

  –Guess we return it to the museum...

  –No –nahuátl girl interrupted him.

  –What do you mean by no? It's not ours, we have to return it.

  –No. It is not safe –she answered.

  –Of course it is, the statues are gone, we defeated them –he said.

  –They may return –she simply said and walked towards the stairs.

  The boy was going to say something, but I stopped him before he did.

  –Leave her, it's a lost cause –I told him.

  –We better get out of here –he said instead.

  –Yes.

  He helped me get upstairs and then I remembered something.

  –Agh!, my sword! –I exclaimed.