Chapter 1

Leni had to attend a meeting for all candidates for the President and Vice Presidency positions. A small get-together to celebrate the success of the elections and to relax after long months of being stressed in campaigning. Their venue was in a resort in Ilocos Norte.

She was the first to arrive so she decided to roam around the resort. She came across a pool and she gazed upon the clear blue waters. Thoughts came running through her mind.

"I've always been afraid of pools and large bodies of water. It brings back the pain I felt when Jesse died. I've been imagining how horrible it felt when Jesse sank to the bottom of the ocean and drowned. Just for once... I want to know how it feels like if I was on Jesse's shoes." She thought, "I just want to feel it. Just once...." She said as she gazed upon the pool and without hesitations, she jumped in.

Bongbong, who was next to arrive the location and was watching Leni, came running towards the pool to check if she was okay. When he realized that Leni wasn't moving at all, He dived straight to the pool to save Leni from the trouble she had gotten herself into. He brought Leni out of the pool and laid her down the wet pavement.

Bongbong tries to listen if Leni was still breathing. He leaned closer to her and listened. After a while he saw her eyes opened and immediately sat back up so that she wouldn't think maliciously of what he was doing. "Jusko Leni! What did you get yourself into?!" He said. "Wala 'to. Ba't mo ako kinuha sa pool?!" She exclaimed as she sat right up like Bongbong did.

"Nililigtas kita!" He said. "Nililigtas? Saan?" She asked, confused. "Nakita kitang nahulog sa pool. Nung una akala ko tataas ka kaagad pero nung nakita kong hindi ka na gumagalaw, I had the initiative to save you because I thought you were drowning." Bongbong explained as he tried to dry himself up.

Leni looked at him, then bowed down and position her hand on her forehead, "I wasn't drowning. I just wanted to know the feeling that my husband felt when he fell in the ocean and drowned. I wanted to be part of his suffering for the last time. I wanted to feel his presence again...

so you didn't have to save me and pretend to be a hero." She said with a sassy tone.

"Ako na nga ang nagmamagandang loob, Ako pa ang masama?" Bongbong complained. "Bakit? Sinabi ko bang mag magandang loob ka? Ni hindi nga kita pinalapit sa akin diba? And ayoko sa mga taong nagpapakasaya sa pera habang naghihirap ang karamihan sa mga kababayan niya." She answered back. There it was again, tension between the two, as always.

"You know what. FINE. Bahala ka sa buhay mo! Pag nalunod ka or something, WALA NA AKONG PAKE SAYO." He screamed. Leni glared at him. "AND WALA RIN AKONG PAKI SAYO!" She replied. Bongbong stood up and marched away from Leni, leaving her still sitted on the pavement of the pool.

Leni watched as he stomped away from her in anger. She felt guilty about what she had done. She might have been a little harsh with Bongbong. She should have thanked him for "saving" her while she was fake drowning. The fact that Bongbong had the effort to dive into the pool to save her and bring her back up was really a brave move. She thought of apologizing to Bongbong for the way she acted and decided to speak to him during the get-together.

"Bongbong? Um I just wanted to apologize for the way I acted earlier. I was just very depressed. That's all. I would also like to thank you for saving me. Actually if you didn't save me, I would have literally drowned myself. Deepest apologies." Leni said as she bowed her head in shame.

"It's okay. I understand you. I also would do the same if I was in your position. I'm not judging. I'm just saying. I really hope that we can be friends?" Bongbong delightedly asked. "Sure why not? We've been friends noon so why stop there right?" Leni replied. "Well it's a pleasure being friends with you AGAIN. Anyway, I have to go. Baka ano pang issue magawa sa atin." Bongbong left

***