Chapter Three

Chapter Three

The noise of the jingling of keys woke me up as I sat up on the bed. I walked out of the room and found him taking his shoes off while sitting on the couch. I looked up at the wall clock. It was 2 a.m.

I stood there wondering if I should say something. I cleared my throat and he looked up at me.

"Uh..I didn't know you were coming.." Lame. I scolded myself. "I mean...James said you weren't coming back until morning," He raised a brow at me, annoyed. Damn! Made it sound like I had problem with him coming to his own house!

"I mean that I didn't know-"

He removed his watch and got up from the couch to keep it on the kitchen counter and I paused. Was he ignoring me?

"Come to the point," I heard him.

I took a step in the living room. "Uh I just didn't know you were coming back before morning or I wouldn't have taken your bed. Trust me. James insisted,"

Without any reply, he walked over to the refrigerator and poured himself a glass of cold water. Taking a deep breath, I walked towards the counter and stood behind it.

"Look I know you don't want to keep me here,"

He looked at me for a brief second and carried the glass of water back to the couch.

"I'm sorry you have to do this but I promise, as long as I stay here, I'll be as quite as.....," I trailed off and he lifted his head up to look at me.

"Uh...as quite as air. I promise. You won't even know that there is another person living here," I offered him a smile but he lied back on the couch.

I sighed. "Let me take the couch. That's the least I can-"

"Don't bother," He said with a hint of dismissal in his voice. Not wanting to disturb him anymore, I turned around and went back to the room.

****

The boundaries! They were pulling me. Mom help me! Somebody pull me back! Please!

My eyes opened and I sat up on the bed. Looking around, my gaze fell on the night stand watch, showing 7 a.m. I peeked outside the room. The living room was dark. Maybe he was still asleep. Slowly, I got out of the bed and tip toed to the couch in the living room.

He was asleep. Looking around the room, I noticed the curtains and opened them. The room filled with sunlight. I turned around and went into the kitchen. Maybe I should cook something for him to show my gratitude?

I looked around the kitchen and spotted a Nutella jar. I tried to reach for it but it was on a higher shelf, which suddenly reminded me of my powers. I hope I still have them!

I looked up at the shelf and closed my eyes, casting a spell of teleportation of things on it. I opened my eyes and found the jar on the counter infront of me. A huge smile made its way on my face. If only Professor Jim taught us about teleporting ourselves, maybe I would be back at my house.

Sighing, I opened the Nutella jar but it suddenly hit me that maybe the connection to my family wasn't working yesterday because I was too tired.

I sat down on the floor and closed my eyes, concentrating hard. I tried to reach my Mom, flowing through different levels but no, she was nowhere. I tried to reach again but I couldn't find her. How am I ever going to go back?

I got up from the floor and looked for bread. I made Nutella toast, the best I could ever make, and placed them on the coffee table infront of his couch. I looked around for something else in kitchen and a carton of juice came into my view on the upper shelf. Maybe try telekinesis on that?