Epilogue

Epilogue

I sat under a huge blooming tree on a sunny day and looked up at the crowded field.

Some students were playing football while some were going back home. A lot of things had happened while I was away. Kathy and Matt--my two best friends--had started dating and I was really happy for them.

They had decided to ditch school today. It had been half an hour since the school was over and here I was, sitting under the tree--like I've been doing everyday since a couple of weeks--questioning my sanity.

The whole incident regarding the boundaries was an old story now. It has been six months since I came back from the other side and people had stopped refering me as 'The Girl Who Crossed Boundaries'.

Sure, it made me popular in school but with every passing day, I questioned if it really happened and I wasn't just dreaming about it.

I know it sounds really stupid to be thinking that but my mind was forgetting. It was forgetting the other side.

All the images were fading from my memory and I didn't like that. I didn't like it when I woke up one morning and I hadn't had a dream about Trevor.

I tightened my hold around the pencil and looked down at the pages. Starting with his green eyes, I kept drawing until I thought the sketch looked liked him.

I held it back and examined it, then crumpled it and shoved the paper inside my backpack with the rest of the crumpled papers.

I sighed. I couldn't sketch for the life of me.

"Next time. Just take a picture."

I frowned at the words and looked up at the source of voice. Deep green eyes stared back at me. This is a dream.

I looked back at my papers and shook my head. "The hallucinating serum actually works."

This wasn't new at all. Professor Jim was currently teaching us another lesson about controlling our minds where he would give us a mild quantity of psilocybin. He said that we should have full power over our minds since anyone could use this natural flaw against us.

For the past week, I've been seeing Trevor. I freaked out the first time I saw him in my room last week but he disappeared in thin air as soon as he had appeared, the moment I tried to reach forward and touch his face.

There was this one time when I saw myself on the other side once again, back in Trevor's apartment.

But then, it would all disappear. He would disappear.

But since two days, I've stopped hallucinating, which is why I wondered if I took the serum in a slightly more quantity than usual.

I looked up to find him standing there, looking down at me with amusement.

"Disappear already," I sighed as I got up to touch his face. The sooner the better.

My hands waved infront of him, expecting him to vanish but only this time, he did not.

Gulping, I reached forward and froze when my fingers came in contact with his stubbled jaw.

My mouth opened slightly as I held my palm against his cheek. "You're real," I muttered under my breath.

He smirked at me. "I didn't know I was a part of your fantasy, Summerstone."

I blinked at him and withdrew my hand, not being able to take my gaze away from him. He hadn't changed a bit.

His five o'clock shadow still gave his face the sexy outline, complimenting his angled jaw and his bright green eyes.

I took a step back and to look at him fully. This was not a dream.