Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One

I walked into the clearing carefully and doubted if this was where the boundaries were supposed to be.

It all looked so familiar.

My eyes met the figure perched on a big rock as he turned to me with a smirk.

I took in a deep breath before walking up to him.

"Giving up that easy, Summerstone?" Aaron smirked.

****A Few Hours Ago****

I was sitting on the couch in the living room. The empty house made me want to go out in the fresh air but I couldn't. Trevor had told me to not leave the house no matter what happened.

Trevor had to go somewhere regarding work and he had said he won't be back until evening. Patrick was on his way here but it had been an hour since Trevor left and I doubted if he would leave me alone for such a long time.

I feared that something might have happened to Patrick as I got up to call Trevor through the landline.

Just then, I heard a click from the front door and froze.

Patrick peeped his head inside and smiled at me.

I sighed in relief and dropped back on the couch. "I was about to call Trevor. I thought something had happened to you."

"Aw that's really sweet of you," He walked to the couch and sat down beside me. "But this is Patrick you're talking about. Nothing can happen to me."

I raised a brow. "Richard threw you into a wall with one-"

"Okay okay. Get over that," He raised up his hands and rolled his eyes.

I let out a laugh, shaking my head.

"So what happened at the party?" He asked.

All the serenity seemed to have vanished from me as I recalled the words of Jason again. I unwillingly told Patrick everything the council member had told me and waited for him to react.

He rubbed his chin with his index finger as he listened closely.

"So what do you think I should do?" I asked.

"I honestly don't know."

I nodded. "Nobody does."

"You do."

I raised a brow at him.

"It's easy," He spoke. "You just have to kill Aaron."

At this, I let out a laugh and he frowned.

"You think I could ever kill someone willingly? And even if I wanted to, do you think I can kill Aaron? He's so powerful and almost killed me."

"He's not more powerful than Trevor."

"So what? It's me that has to kill him."

"But it's not like we can't help."

I shook my head. "I just can't do it."