Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Slipping into my dress, I walked over to the mirror and smiled. It fitted perfectly and I whirled around in my spot. Closing my eyes, I tried to remember the spells Kathy once used to style her hair. She would go to the library and spend hours searching for beauty spells. Wow, guess that's going to help me now.

I pulled my hair up in a neat bun and left a few strands beside my face. I rolled the strands around my finger and cast the spell, smiling as they remained curled. Putting a little mascara, that I had bought in the afternoon, and adding some blush to my cheeks, I was ready to go.

I looked down at my feet and smiled at the golden heels I was wearing. To my surprise, they were packed up along with the dress. Maybe Trevor bought them after I got into the car.

Just then, the doorbell rang and I walked across the hall to get to the front door. Trevor had already left a few hours ago and I was going with Kyle. I opened the door to find Kyle standing in an immaculate tux, his hair styled back neatly, his specks gone as he smiled at me.

"Wow," He spoke as he looked at me and I blushed. "You look beautiful," He said.

"Thanks and you look amazing too," I spoke.

He chuckled and held out his hand for me. Smiling, I put my hand in his and locked the house. We took the elevators and once outside the building, we made our way to the parking lot. A beige coloured modified sports car was waiting for us as he opened the door for me. I uttered a small thanks and got in. He got into the driver's side and started the engine.

"So what's your major in college?" I asked Kyle.

"Mechanics," He said.

"That's great," I said. "And you like cars?"

"Yeah. How did you know that?" He asked, surprised.

"Well this car is obviously modified," I said and looked at a few weird buttons on the dashboard. I won't be surprised if pressing one of them led to boosters speed up the car like crazy.

He chuckled at that. "Yeah. I'm crazy about cars,"

Reaching forward, he turned the radio on. A slow song came on and I relaxed back in the seat while he drummed his fingers on the steering wheel.

"So when you are at the party," He started speaking and I looked at him. "You can't tell anyone that you live with Trevor. You know that right?"

"Why not?" I asked, confused.

"Because they would think you guys live together,"

"Uh..but we do," I spoke.

He gave me a brief look before looking at the road again. "Leah they would think that you guys are in a relationship,"

"Oh," Then it hit me. How stupid was I? But would it be a problem if people thought that? Yeah, maybe.

"Thank God you reminded me Kyle. I would have let it slip if you hadn't," I said. "But Patrick and James know already,"

"Ofcourse they do,"

"Yeah,"

The ride went silent and soon he was pulling up into a parking lot. He stepped out of the car and before I could, he came to my side and held the door open for me. I gave him a smile as I stepped out.

The exterior of the building was beautiful and I assumed they rented halls for parties like these. We went inside and took the elevators to tenth floor, where the party was taking place.

The hall was packed and decorated really well going with the theme. There were people all around the room, some were dancing on the dance floor, some were at the tables while some were gathered near the bar and buffet. I inhaled the pleasing smell of chocolate as a smile formed on my lips.