Team Work

Rain poured down from the sky creating a rhythmic banging when the droplets touched the window glass. In the room there was a dark silent, the lighting illuminated the shadows of everything in the room. Through quick flashes Caitlin became visible. Not able to hide away in the seconds the light came. Snuggled up in a sheet she turned her face away from the window and try to lose herself to the drowsy sound of the rain. Her attempts of sleep made no progress when she heard a knock at the door and then the turning of the knob. Caitlin jumped up to see who it was.

" Ronnie ?" She whispered

When the door opened a figure came in that she couldn't see clearly.

"It's me dear" a lady whispered

When she came closer, she knew who it was. A Lady dress in white.
"Mother ? How are you here " she asked

"It's me Honey, i heard you were sick" her mother said sitting down beside her.

"I'm fine, just a little cold "

"Oh my your freezing "she said after touching Caitlin forehead.

"It's nothing, Ronnie's fixing it "

"That boy you call a boyfriend is fixing things " she said laughing a little.

"He's my husband"

"He's the one that put you in this place, has your brain loss it's screw" her mother said

"Has your heart become so cold you forgot your the one that drew me to him in the first place" Caitlin snapped back.

"Your weak honey" she turn and said "you depend on men to fix your problem, your dead beat father even Charlie"

"Who's Charlie's "

"You kill your own brother and that's what made me cold , cold towards you! "

Caitlin felt the grip of hands clutching at her skin. Cold pain flushed through her skin as she struggled to break free from her mother's grip.

"Let me go " she shouted

"I'm gonna made cold" her mother laughed

Slowly the face of her mother started to get blurry, reshaping into something else. Fear struck Caitlin as she tried to move. She jumped up and awoke from her dream.

Ronnie at his busying working at his desk rushed over to her when he saw what was happening.

"Honey it's me , Ronnie calm down"  he said as he held her in his arms  "Your safe"

  "It happened again " she said after gaining the strength to speak

" Same nightmare "

"Yea and just like all the past ones she was  a bitch"

"It was just a dream relax, your getting cold again "

" I don't know how to control this curse the pipeline explosion gave me"

" you don't have to" Ronnie said going back to his table and brought with him a box.

"What's this ? "

"Something that will save your life"

"Where did you get it? " she asked curiously

"If i tell you, I'll have to kill you " he said touching her nose playfully.

"I doubt that with all the ice running through my veins"

"Let's just say it was online in the black market " he finally said

"Where -" before she could continue he cut her off by planting a kiss on her lips.

"You worry too much"  he said

"Fine, no more questions"

Caitlin watched as Ronnie  open the box and attached a device to her chest. They both waited to see if it would work. A beep from the device meant it was it began working. Slowly Caitlin felt heat course through her body and her glow starting to return to her body.

"As long as you have that on, your gift won't get out of hand

"And  I won't Hurt you " she said staring at Ronnie's hand.

" Well you there's other way to hurt me than Ice cold blows"

"Shut up, i would never " she said hugging him.

"I know " he whispered in her ears.

"So is it  finally over now ?" She asked

"No, not until we kill Doctor Wells for the pipeline explosion, for making our lives like this "

*********************************

Barry walked around the abandoned warehouse searching keenly for a hidden work space. So far he has not made any progress since he arrived there. Cisco was no where in sight to his naked eyes. Just trace of the old business that once use to occupy these walls. He was about to give up when he noticed something odd. As he walked further into the place  the old stuffy smell that once fill his nostril was being replaced by a fresh lemony smell. Rooms were now looking more clear and moths and cobweb were no where insight.

Barry approached  the door at the end of the hall. Before he could open it, he felt hands grab him and flung him back against the wall. As he winced in pain and struggled to get up he heard a voice.

"Who are you  and how did you find me "

"My name's Barry Allen, and i found you the way you found meta human from earth-2 when they invaded our earth, using vibration."

"Hold up, your rambling, here's what i heard : Earth 1 and Earth 2
Vibration."

"Yea that's basically it and whole lot more."

"You sure your not crazy "

"No I'm The Flash, i mean was the flash back in the other timeline"

"Wait The Flash, Timeline , how about you start from the beginning."

"My name is Barry Allen and i was the fastest man alive. After the death of my mother i spend most of my life trying to prove my father's innocent. Three years ago i was stuck by lighting during the wave from the particle accelerator and nine months later i awoke with superspeed.  I used my superspeed to save the civilians of central city and clear my father's day. During my years as The Flash , I've come across other speedsters. Men whose sole purpose was to destroy my life and kill me. This one in particular named Zoom did exactly that. He killed my father and i just couldn't take it anymore. Losing to the villains that tried to determine the life i should live. So i went back in time and changed the events that would have cause everything and now we're here. "

"So your telling me you became a foetus for a second time again and emerged as a runner."

"Try to picture the entire story"

"Yes, that's exactly what it is, a StoryFoetus Man. "

"It's true,your name's Cisco Ramon and you call yourself vibe. You have a funny habit of nicknaming all the supervillains and heroes in Central City"

"So what, that doesn't prove anything"

"You abilities relate to sonic vibration, you can emit vibratory shock waves and you can see into different earths. That's where you got your Sense of style. Reverb"

"I think you should leave"

"No not until, you listen to me"

"I've heard enough" Vibe snapped

He grabbed Barry in rage and as soon as he did he saw everything that Barry had said. Cisco released his grip off Barry and step back from him.

"Now do you believe me Barry asked "

" I want you out right now, before i let you know the real extent of my powers. "

*********************************