Checking Up

" Right this way " Barry heard the tour guide said as she directed a crowd of people around S.T.A.R.S.

It was quite unexpected, the lab becoming a  showcase to the public. Citizens of central city and a few tourists walked around with the tour guide. Occasionally snapping pictures at anything amazing them. There were  even two mysterious persons dressed in a raincoat and a hat that covered half their face.

Barry tried hide his annoyance at how people were making a spectacle of the event that had happen. It was quite different from what he had seen back in his own timeline. Barry remembered people protesting at what had occurred that night after the death so many persons and the loss of life that came when persons inherited gifts. He tried to zone in back on what the tour guide was saying to learn as much as he could.

" The pipeline was in every way a success, at least for 6 months. During that time Dr. Wells technology had brought clean energy to the entire central city improving  living for everyone. Business were more efficient which led to an increase in jobs for all of us and even a decrease in criminal activities."

"This also let to major investments into central city from surrounding cities such as Star City ,National City and even Empire City  and soon investment from private enterprises. Majority of which was funded to Dr. Wells to continue his tremendous work." She continued.

"But here  is where things get dark, after running success for the six months something went horribly wrong and a major explosion wave engulf the city, later down the road nine months to be exact, meta humans emerged and started to cause destruction on the people of central city. You all protested and opted for star labs to be closed. We didn't trust Dr. Wells to keep up safe. But in a light of all our confusion a meta human emerged to save the day 'Vibe'. One person from the pipeline explosion that got powers from Dr.Wells " she paused for a moment.

"And that's why we're all here to day, to witness the event that led to a world we know today. This was where the magic happen and soon enough you'll see the man that  opened minds to the impossible if he's available.

"Now you can all have a look at the many relics of S.TA.R.S
Labs great days." 

With that said, the crowd gave a small applause for the tour guide and then found their way around the labs and the gadget on display. She  pressed a device connected her ear and said a few words. He decided to approach her for more information.

"Hi there I'm Barry Allen " he said
"Hi, Fiona Webb " she said extending her hands.

Barry proceeded to shake her hands  before asking her his questions.

" How many tours do you do a day?"

"Normally 5 or 6 if were lucky"

"Why so many ?"

"It's the only thing that's keeping the light on in his place?" She said and continued

"Let's just say Citizen Cold hasn't like Dr. Wells too much since he invented the pipeline. Especially when Dr. Wells  was going to be dominated for mayor from what he had been able to accomplish for the city."

"Is that so"

"Yea but as you know something went horribly wrong on the day he was suppose to be nominated and w'ere hear now"

"How did Citizen Cold become Central city's mayor?"

"He was a tycoon in the sea food business supplying more that half of the sea food supply here, no one opposed him when he decided to throw his hat in the ring"