Chapter 22

*Brenda's POV*

      "HOLD STILL FOR GOD'S SAKE BRENDA" Megan scolded me while she continued to put makeup on my face, Rosie currently curling my hair and pinning it up somehow.

      "I'm sorry I haven't sat still for this long since I was like 5" I laughed.

      "Yeah well 10 more minutes and you can run free again," I heard Lucy comment from inside my walk-in wardrobe in my childhood bedroom, "I can't find this dress!" She called and I heard Megs move from her spot on the bed to go help her.

      "Ow Brenda! You said you were a neat freak I just stepped on one of your 5SOS wristbands on the floor!" She exclaimed.

      "Alice why were you in my room?!" I screamed to my sister who was downstairs before Rosie placed her hand on my shoulder, "If you move one more time, I will end up stabbing you with these hair pins. So sit still."

      Eventually I was freed from my seat and able to open my eyes again, discovering that Lucy and Megs had found both the dress and shoes I had hidden in there to avoid thinking about the formal.

      "It's the same shade as the one from your birthday, was a certain someone involved in buying this?" Megs raised her eyebrow and smirked at me.

      "He might've been, Granny said he's the one with the dress sense in our relationship" I laughed.

      "He's met your grandparents?" Rosie asked.

      "He's met all my family, they run the hotel remember? They love him more than they love me"

      "Point is, when and where are you meeting loverboy?" Megan was clearing up the makeup she'd been using while she spoke.

      "Everyone meets at the fountain outside the hotel to take pictures and all that before we go to whatever crummy venue it is this year," I explained to them, "Blake's gonna meet me outside when I text him to say we're there"

      "Well get changed and let's go then" Megs smiled before the four left my room for me to change.

      "I'm gonna fall down these stairs in these shoes!" I laughed while cautiously watching my feet and hobbling into the living room to the girls.

      "Blake is one lucky lucky boy" Rosie smirked at me.

      "Blenda are gonna be the hottest couple there tonight" Lucy continued.

      "Yeah yeah let's go y'all can make your jokes in the car"

      I had just texted Blake to tell him we'd arrived out the front and was engaged in conversation with the girls when I heard a voice behind me.

      "Brenda babe, no-one told me you were coming back" I turned to see a face I hadn't missed.

      "Nathan, how I haven't missed you" I replied sarcastically.

      "C'mon Little Miss Hollywood, I heard your lead singer boyfriend cheated on you, you know I'd never treat you like that honey," The smirk on his face growing with every word, "I even held off to the very last minute on asking someone to this thinking you might come back to me" He moved to place his arm on my shoulders before Megs slapped his arm quite harshly.

      "Brenda, you have a lot of boys in your past it seems, who's this?" Megan smiled sweetly but with an evident tone of annoyance.

      "Girls, meet Nathan, Castlebay's biggest fuckboy," I waved in his direction, "Don't be taken in by the blue eyes, blonde hair and tall stature, he's got an STD"