The Final Chapter

*Blake's POV*

      I felt a chill down my spine the next morning, reaching out for more blankets as Brenda had a tendency to steal most of them, except my arm met an empty space.

      I shot up from laying down and looked around, and there was no trace of her being here at all. I reached over to Levi and Megs beside me and shook both of them awake, "Brenda's gone, along with her stuff"

      The next moments were a blur until everyone was awake now, exchanging worried looks, until Rosie broke the silence, "What's that box sitting on the edge of the fire pit?"

      Nate, Megs and I rushed for it at the same time, but Drew beat us to it.

      "Let me, you three are most likely to get upset depending on what's in this" he said.

      "There's nothing to be upset about! It's gonna be another one of her wild goose chases to some crazy location for another memorable moment, right?" Nate was on the verge of tears, Megs and I already past that point, looking around for someone to agree with him.

      Lucy placed her hand on his shoulder and tried to get him to sit down, "Let's just see Nate okay? Calm down"

      "I can't this is my best friend we're all talking about!"

      "Nate!" Megan scolded him now, "She was all a friend of all of us, we're all worried about her"

      "Plus if anything, she was closest with me" Megs was trying to compose herself.

      "I'm sorry, did you spend sleepless nights talking to her about anything?" Nate spat.

      "Look, guys, we all love her, there's no point bickering over who loved her most. This is tearing me apart, Drew open the box" I looked at him and he lifted the lid, pulling out first an envelope, and then a set of business cards with the hotel logo on them.

      "The envelope says we're to read each card with our name on it after the letter so," He paused to open the envelope, pulling out the letter with her recognisable handwriting on it, "Everyone ready?" He looked around, all of us nodding, Megs slipping her hand into mine as a comfort gesture, while Levi wrapped his arm around her.

"Dear Squad,

You might all hate me by the end of this letter so I'm gonna start by saying first, I love you guys so so much and thank you for the memories. Second, I'm sorry I didn't have the guts to do this in person.

When you read this, I'll be on a plane. I got a call 2 weeks ago from 'Discover America' who offered me the chance to do their promotion pictures. At first, I didn't think it was worth it, but then I looked into it, and guys, it's all I've ever wanted, I couldn't bring myself to say no.

I know it might not make sense that I left in this way, but it will soon I promise by the end of this it will. Before I explain, I want to remind you all, you're the best group of people I've ever met and I can't believe I got so lucky to meet all of you, never mind just one of you and you all deserve a tribute but I don't have enough time or words for that.

I want to thank The Tide and New Hope Club boys, for taking Megs and I in and putting up with us, the girls for always being there when I needed someone, Nate and Megs for being the two closest people I've ever had, and Blake, thank you for showing me I was worthy of someone's attention, I know I promised it would always be you and me, and it always will.

So the explanation of my freak disappearance, I'm not a big fan of affection so this kind of goodbye was easier for me to handle, selfish I know but I'm sorry. Second, I want you guys to go on with your lives, because I'm not coming home from this job, it's just how it works and I can't get them to change it, so please, don't try find me. Yous don't need me, you're all amazing in your own ways and with each other, yous can basically rule the world.