Chapter 6

a/n: so i guess better late than never on this - TRIGGER WARNING for this chapter due to sensitive issues later on in the chapter. i had a lot of comments about it so i apologize to anyone who read this while there was no advance warning.

+++++++++++++++++

After traveling some distance to Xing, they finally made it into town. After getting some food and drink, they began to ask around in regards to Edward's whereabouts. They finally came across a sleazy fellow who was going to get away if Roy hadn't made a fire wall the best way to block a path.

"Look, just tell me where I can find someone who sells kids or something."

The guy looked at him for a second and then held out his hand.

"For a fee, I can tell you exactly where to look."

"How about you tell us where he is and I'll not blow your fucking head off?" Roy said, putting his thumb and middle finger together to make a spark.

The man flinched but nodded.

"Okay, okay... Usually if they get children from Amestris, they send them to the red light district. You'll find him there."

"What do they do with them?" Maes asked.

"What do you think they do with them?"

Maes punched the guy in the throat and turned away, the others following.

"Nice going, Hughes." Roy said with a small smile.

"I was hoping for a different answer. By the way, if we get suspended for this adventure, I'm blaming it all on you, Roy."

"Go ahead. This is worth it to me."

"I think we should get a change of clothes, sir." Riza said. "Three military officers going into the red light district of Xing is pretty noticeable."

"True. That sounds like a good idea."

They went to a store and bought some different clothing. Roy and Maes looked like they could pull of being Xingese but Riza looked very out of place. Roy laughed a little.

"You look really out of place, Hawkeye."

"You look too much in place."

"My aunt said I may have Xingese in me but it's a rumor. She wouldn't tell me anything else otherwise."

The three of them headed for the red light district.

***************

"Hello, pretty lady." Roy said.

The woman in the slot of the brothel smiled at him and leaned on the wall.

"Hello, there. Did you come for a little piece of heaven?"

"Sorry, honey, but I'm looking for something a little different tonight."

The woman frowned. "I'm sorry I don't float your boat."

"Maybe another time. Where could I get something exotic?"

"Exotic? Like a Cretian?"

"No, something more... Amestrian."

"You want something like that?" the woman said with a degrading laugh.

"Well, actually, between you and me, I was looking for something a little... blonde."

"Ooooh." She said, suddenly perking up. "You mean the Golden Ones."

"Is that what they're called? I'm sorry if I didn't know but my friend and his fiancé there," He pointed to Maes and Riza. "Thought that I would like to drown my sorrow with a blonde. My girlfriend dumped me and they said a blonde was something completely different from her and could help me get over her."