Chapter 14

"Wow, this is nice..."

"Will this be enough room for you to work out of?"

"Sure. What exactly do you want me to do again?"

Roy rolled his eyes. "I want you to make the reverse serum for Edward."

Beje made a face at him and looked around.

"I told you that those black marketers stole my research. I have no idea how to make a reverse formula without it."

"Well you made the formula before."

"Through experimentation and lots of data to work with." He growled. "I told you the truth in that Edward knocked the last batch that I had with me out of my hand. When the men came into my home and started to steal my research, I was literally in the middle of giving the serum to him. When the door busted open, he hit my hand and I lost the serum."

"So... it could still be in your house?"

"I don't know. I just remember losing it. I was trying to keep everything from getting into the wrong hands as well as Edward not being taken (lot of good that did) and poor Alphonse."

Roy sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Look, I got you out of there because I need you to help me get Edward back to normal, physically and mentally. I can work on the mental stuff later but he needs to be back at his regular size."

"I think you have that backwards, Colonel." Beje said with a side glance.

"That may be true but unfortunately one helps the other. If I can at least get him looking normal then I can work on the mental issues later."

Beje sighed. "I give up."

"If I go to that house, will I find a serum? What are the chances?"

"Probably about 20%. I'm pretty certain those guys came back and trashed the place and/or burned it to the ground. So the only way to get it elsewhere is to find my notes and bring them back to me."

Roy didn't say anything and left Beje by himself in the room. He looked around and grinned, going to the couch.

"I think he likes me."

***********************

"Where are we going?" Edward asked Riza as she walked with him through the streets.

"We're going to the park. Maes has a daughter that's about your age and wanted to know if you would like to play with her at the park."

"What's a park?"

"It's a place to have fun."

Edward shrugged, not really understanding, but any place that was fun seemed alright. They crossed the street and colorful bars came into view. Edward grinned, knowing that this had to be the park. He pulled away from Riza and ran ahead of her. He finally got to the monkey bars and started climbing them.

"He seems energetic today." Maes said as Elicia clung to his leg.

"Yeah... Hello, Elicia." Riza said, waving to the young girl.

She waved back as Edward came back.

"I climbed all the way to the top!"

"You did? That quick?"

Edward grinned and turned to see Elicia. They locked eyes for a moment but Edward ignored her and ran back to the bars. Riza made a face at that as Maes laughed and bent down to Elicia's level. He kissed her cheek and hugged her.