Chapter 1 Moving In

Ashley's POV

"God finally." I mumbled to myself as pulled up to the apartment building. Oh yea I might want to tell you guys my name, it's Ashley but I liked to be called Ash. I just moved into a new apartment  in L.A. to get away from my past.

I parked the moving truck and got out and stood there. My new home was on the second floor. I made my way up the stairs carefully. I noticed there was only one other apartment up here and that was on the left of mine. I walked over to my apartment and unlocked the door. I stepped in and looked around. It was a good size apartment. I walked out leaving the door open.

I went back to the truck and went to the back of it and opened it. Since there was no here to help me, I just decided to get the boxes inside and worry about the furniture later.

*****************************************************************************************************************

After about two hours a I got everything I could lift by myself in the apartment. I stood in middle of my living room looking at the boxes around me. I shook my head and walked out shutting and locking the door behind me. I felt so alone as I sat in the back of the moving truck with my head facing down. I felt tears stream down my face. I had no one here, so I had no one to help me with all of my furniture and heavy stuff. I felt tears slip down my cheeks.

I sat there for a while just crying, trying to out what the fuck I was going to do, seeing as I didn't have money to pay someone to come help me. All of a sudden I heard two cars pull up. I didn't bother to look up though. I heard guys laughing and car doors slamming. All of a sudden it got quite and I could feel who ever just got out of the cars looking at me.

"Great now my neighbors are gonna think I'm weird." I mumbled under my breathe, but at this point a really didn't give a fuck.

I heard footsteps coming towards me, this made me pull my knees to my chest and rest my forehead on them. I don't know why but I just couldn't stop crying. I heard the footsteps stop in front of me, but I couldn't get myself to look up.

"Hey, are you ok?" A unfamiliar voice said. I could tell it was a guy, but I could tell there was also more then one person in front of me.

I didn't say anything or look up, I just shook my head no. I let out another sob as I tried to stop crying. I felt the weight of someone else get up on the truck with me. I started to shake not knowing who this person was or what they were going to do. All of a sudden I felt someone really close to me, then two strong arms wrapped around me. I got extremely tense, but for some reason I buried my face in the chest of the unknown person and started to sob again.

"Shh shh it's alright." I heard the person say as they started to rub my back.

I felt so pathetic, I never cry in front of people yet here I am crying in front of complete strangers. I started to take deep breaths trying to calm down.

After a couple of minutes of the person rubbing my back and whispering that it was alright, I finally stopped crying. I forced myself to look up at the people that were looking at me and then at the person holding me.

"Are you ok now?" The guy holding me asked smiling at me.

I slowly nodded and looked at the other people, they were all guys. I looked back at the guy who still had his arms around me. I gulped feeling a little afraid of all of them. They all looked pretty strong and they were covered in tattoos. To be honest they all looked like your typical bad asses. I pulled away from the guy holding me and held my knees tightly to my chest. "God I must look like a little kid right now." I thought to myself.

"There's no need to be afraid." One of the guys on the ground said.

"I'm not afraid." I said but it came out more like a whisper.