Chapter 20 Running Away (Last Chapter)

Sorry but this is the last chapter of this book :(

Ash's POV 

Matt and I had arrived in North Carolina about an hour ago. We were visiting my parents graves before catching a flight to London. We walked up the familiar path, that I use to walk up almost everyday almost two years ago. We came to a stop at the top of a hill where two graves lay by themselves away from the others. There was a huge willow tree, who's branches shaded them from the sun. It had been the place that my dad proposed to my mom. Matt and I knelt in front of the graves. Everything was quite, until Matt started talking. 

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Delgrosso, I'm your son-in-law, my name is Matthew. I hope you were okay with me marrying your daughter. She is a wonderful girl and I love her so much. I would say I will meet you when I get there, but after what Ash and I did I'm not so sure I'm gonna make it up there. I know Ash will, because she is so sweet and gentle that God will forgive her, I'm not so sure about me though. Anyways don't blame Ash for what happened, it was my idea and my fault. I take full blame. Well I guess I will talk to you later." Matt said while standing up.

"Matt that was so sweet." I said with tears forming in my eyes. 

"Okay, meet me at the car I will leave you alone and give you some space." He said turning. y

"No don't go to the car wait over there please." I said looking back at the ground.

"Okay just come over there whenever you're ready to leave." He said walking to the other side of the hill and sitting down. 

"Hey mom and dad. I miss you guys a lot and I love you. I don't want to stay to long, Matt and I have to get to London. I'm sure you guys already know why. But it had to be done, so I can sleep easier at night. I hope you guys forgive, and I hope God forgives me too. I don't regret what I did either and I guess that's the bad part. Well I guess that's it really, Matt and I should get going. I will talk to you guys later love you." And with that I got up and walked over to Matt. 

He looked up at me and stood up. "Come on, we got a flight to catch." I mumbled and we walked back to the car. 

***************************************************************************

 Matt and I were sitting and waiting to board our flight, which we would be doing in the next five minutes. We were talking about nothing and everything, the only reason was to distract ourselves from what we had done not even twenty four hours ago. We had about two more minutes of waiting when the news came on the TV. 

"We have a new murder case from LA, California." The news lady said and Matt and I froze. 

We turned to the TV as it showed the scene of the murder we had committed. "We are here with one of the LA PD officers, do you have any leads on who did it?" The reporter asked the cop.

"No, whoever did it was smart and knew what they were doing, there isn't much evidence." The cop said. "These guys were in one of the most feared gangs, who's in the middle of a gang war, it could have been anyone really." He added.

"Do the people in LA need to frightened about this?" The reporter asked.

"No not yet, if anything else like this happens though, it would raise alarm." The cop said.

Before we could watch anymore our flight was called to board. "Come on let's get out of here." Matt said grabbing my hand, I let him drag me on to the plane.

***************************************************************************************

 Our plane was almost to London, when everything started to sink in. I had just helped kill five people, and the bad part I didn't feel bad. If I could I would do it again, they deserved it. The only thing I was worried about was getting caught.

**************************************************************************************

Matt's POV

 Ash and I were in a taxi on or way to Holmes Chapel in Cheshire. It was a small place and no one there would know about what was going on in LA, so Ash and I were pretty safe for now. Ash was leaning on my shoulder asleep when we pulled up to our new apartment. It was a three bedroom, one bath so it was plenty big for just two people. I payed the taxi driver and some how managed to get Ash and our bags out of the taxi without waking her up. I pulled out the apartment key I had gotten. I had shipped my furniture from my apartment over about a month prior, so we would at least have something. I laid Ash on the couch and went into the bathroom. 

"Matt?" I heard Ash call from the living room. 

I walked back out there. "Yes honey?" I asked.

"I'm scared." She mumbled. 

I pulled her into a hug and kissed her cheek. I could feel her tears on my shoulder. It broke my heart to see and hear her cry. I pulled back so I can look her in the eye. 

"Hey look at me." I said and she looked into my eyes. "Everything is going to be okay, you're safe." 

What I didn't know is that I was wrong, so horribly wrong. 

A/N: So there you have it, THE LAST CHAPTER. I don't want to say the end cause it's not the end, things are just getting started. I hope you enjoyed this book, and will read book two, which will be named Stay Hidden (Sequel to Undead), make sure to look for it. Anyway comment tell me what you thought of book 1 and don't forget to vote. x