Chapter 11 Broken Promise

Ash's POV

I tried to sink into the couch and disappear as Matt entered the living room. There was no emotion on his face and no body language to tell me how he felt. This made me nervous as he stood there looking at the floor in front of me.

"Matt?" I tried to make my voice louder then a soft whimper but failed.

His head snapped up and at that moment I wished I wouldn't have said anything. His normal blue gray eyes were now almost black and clouded with anger. He glared at me and the urge to run became over whelming, but it was like I was glued to where I sat.

"Please Matt just calm down." I begged as he walked towards me.

"Calm down." Matt repeated with a evil smirk forming on his face. "Calm down she says." He repeated again anger clear in his voice.

I whimpered and moved back against the couch as Matt stopped in front of me. He glared down at me and I could see all his muscles tense. I looked away from his cold stair as the room grew quieter. The air was thick with tension and it was suffocating me. I noticed his hand was balled up in a fist and I whimpered again.

"What's wrong are you scared?" Matt whispered putting his face right in front of mine.

I didn't answer as I felt tears threatened to fall down my face. I felt my throat start to close as I felt his breath against the side of my face. I wasn't prepared for when Matt grabbed my hair and forcefully turned my head to face him.

"Answer me when I talk to you." He spat his grip getting tighter.

"Matt please..." I whimpered but didn't get to finish as he threw me to the ground.

I laid there on the ground as I tried to get control of my breathing again. I never got the chance though as I felt Matt's boot make contact against my stomach. I tried to scream in pain, but couldn't because he had knocked the wind out of me. At this point tears streamed down my face.

"Matt..." I tried to get him to stop but he wouldn't he picked me up by my throat and held me against a wall.

I clawed at his hand trying to get him to let go. He just held tighter and glared at me. As the room started to spin he let go and I slumped to the ground. I thought he was done but he wasn't he kicked me again, in the same spot. I struggled to breath as he kicked me again and picked me up by my hair. My eyes went wide as he cocked his fist back then let it collide with my cheek. He went to hit me again but at this point I found my voice.

"Please Matt you promised." I said barely getting it out. "Matt you promised." I whimpered again.

I looked him in the eyes and something was different this time. They weren't dark anymore and weren't clouded. They looked sympathetic and sorry, but there was something else there that I couldn't quite put my finger on. He dropped me and I let my body hit the ground not having the strength to move.

"Oh my God." I heard Matt say in his normal voice. "I-I-I I'm so sorry Ash." He said tears forming in his eyes.

Matt bent over and picked me up bridal style. He held me tight against his chest and I didn't fight it. De'sean never did this and I couldn't stay mad at Matt. I buried my face in his chest and sobbed as he brought me to my room and laid me on my bed. Matt crawled in the bed next to me and held me against him. Last thing I remember before falling asleep was Matt kissing my forehead and mumbling over and over again about how sorry he was.

Matt's POV

As I held Ash against my chest and listened to her still labored breathing I found tears form in my eyes. I couldn't believe I had broke my promise. I wanted to kill myself in that moment when I heard her whimper in her sleep. The quite tears slipped down my face as I held her tighter. I was a monster and yet it seemed that she forgave me, even though I didn't deserve it. I promised myself that I was going to make it up to her and show her I wasn't like her ex.

"You should get some sleep." I heard Ash's voice say. "And stop squeezing me so tight you're hurting me."

My eyes went wide with shock as I let go of Ash. "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean..." My words were cut off as Ash kissed me.

"Shut up idiot and go to sleep." She said chuckling a little bit and putting my arm back around her. A few minutes later I heard her breathing go back to normal and knew she was asleep. I finally relaxed enough to let my mind and body slip off into sleep.

A/N: OMG I'm sorry I know this chapter is horrible but I had to write it. Anyways YEAH I update two days in a row :D. I hope you liked this  chapter even with what happened. Don't forget to vote and comment I would really like to hear some fed back from readers and how they are enjoying this story.