A Ball gone Awry

Author's Note: Big chapter this week, lots of stuff goes down haha. There's going to be quite a lot of stuff happening in the chapter next week as well but in a very different manner ;) Hope you enjoy!

We were lined up, preparing to enter into carriages which had been set up so that there was one for each team coded with the corresponding color.

"Woah..." I heard Munny whisper next to me. "I never realized how many of us have been sent home. But look..." some of the carriages contained only one or two boys. The yellow carriage was absent entirely. We were one of the only teams to still have almost all of it's members. I looked over to the green one, there was only one boy in there. He was small with short mousy hair and large glasses, I had seen him before but his name escaped me.

"Who's that?" I found myself asking. Gani answered almost immediately, he somehow seemed to know everyone.

"His name is Alexander I believe. He's nice, extremely studious and hardworking. I like him." Right...Alexander, his name was usually always one or two spots above or behind mine on the ranking list. I noted that he was the last remaining boy in Emery's room. Emery himself was missing in the carriage. We had been informed he would be meeting us at the ball itself and would be coming straight from the castle directly. I climbed into the carriage sitting myself next to Gani and across from Gerner and Munny who recently had seemed to have become an inseparable duo as of late. In a few moments the carriage jerked to a start.

"Are we there yeeeeet?" Munny whined for about the 15th time in the last hour.

"I swear to God if you ask that again I am going to throw you out of the fucking carriage myself."

At that Munny stuck out his tongue at Gerner making a face.

Gani sighed softly before glancing over to me. "You've been pretty quiet most of the ride? Is everything alright?" I nodded, still staring out the carriage window as we bobbed up and down over the bumpy road.

"Yeah, I grew up in the city and didn't get to go out much. I'm just enjoying the view, I've never been in the country. It's...it's really something." Gani chuckled at that.

"Haha, I was raised in the country so maybe that's why it doesn't have the same effects for me. I absolutely loathed every minute I was forced to be here." I just gave him a small nod, still watching the green hills rising and falling in the distance against the backdrop of the fading light that stained the sky in a gentle pink and yellow sunset. The peaceful tranquility of the moment was soon interrupted by a loud whine from the young boy across from me.

"Hoooow long have we been in here? I think I'm going insane."

"I Think I'M going insane from being stuck in here with you for so long."