Bloodbath

Author's Note: Hey guys! Sorry for not updating in two weeks, I was swamped with pre-winter break school work and holiday stuff! I hope you enjoy the chapter, as the name might suggest there is going to be a fair amount of violence this chapter so yeah...here's the warning now. Hope you all had a happy new year :D

Nicky's PoV

As I watched the door shut I felt myself giving in to panic. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck, what was I supposed to do, what could I do? I began to squirm helplessly in the chair in some attempt to loosen the ropes. How the fuck had I not noticed she was binding my hands? I needed to save Mikhos before Jaasim could kill him...I needed to save him before Aasiya could get to him. They would be waiting for the perfect moment to strike which meant that as long as I could get in and out of there quick enough with Mikhos in tow I might have a shot of rescuing him and escaping in the chaos that would ensue when all hell broke loose due to Aasiya's attack. Suddenly my gaze fell to the wine that had pooled on the floor and the shards of glass that lay scattered around it from the cup I had dropped. I was such an idiot, why hadn't I thought of this before. I pushed all my weight and force to one side causing the chair to tip over making me finally clatter to the floor still connected to the chair. Slowly I inched my way to the glass, my fingers wrapping around a large shard. In a matter of moments I had cut myself free. I stumbled to my feet, ignoring the fact that a thin trail of blood was pouring from my hand where I had held the glass. Now came the hard part, I needed to find where they were keeping Mikhos. I knew it had to be somewhere secluded. My mind jumped back to the guarded hallway Jaasim had brought Mikhos before, maybe there was a staircase or secret room connected to it. What fucking irony was this? Here I was, desperately attempting to save the man that I had practically been raised to kill.

Sabri's PoV

Jaasim paced back and forth across the floor, his hands behind his back. I watched him from the other side of the dark chamber. Finally he came to a halt before me.

"It's such a shame he needs to die really," Jaasim said with a shrug.

"Yeah, I guess so. I didn't get to know him too well. I met him a few times before the Mira situation occurred and twice after. Then he went off pretending to be a Kingsmen for 4 months and I didn't lay eyes on him again till he returned."

"Should we tell him that the king is dead when he wakes up?"
"I don't know. Is there a point to informing a man he's inherited a throne he'll never get to lay eyes on before he dies. Maybe we should just kill him now before he wakes up, get it over with." Jaasim snickered at that.

"Now where would the fun in that be? Besides, you know we can't start the ritual until that annoying red haired kid gets here. He needs to be the one to kill him or the whole thing won't work. I sent a guard to find him and bring him here to do it. He should be here soon. Gods knows what's taking so long." I knew my gaze was lingering on Jaasim but I couldn't bring myself to pull it away. I had missed him so much since I had left to live in Pecore. The time I had spent there waiting until we could move on to the next stage of Edgar's plan had felt like a lifetime.

"I demand to be let free at once." Both Jaasim and I immediately turned when we heard Mikhos speak from behind us. His words were slow and he still sounded slightly groggy from being knocked out, none the less the prince was still attempting to add an edge of authority to his voice. His gaze fell now to the cuffs around his wrists and the cold stone table he was chained to. His body immediately stiffened, no doubt being overwhelmed by memories of a strikingly similar event that had occurred in his childhood. His shirt had been removed while he was knocked out which meant that the ghastly almost scar like tattoo marks were clearly visible for all to see. He didn't move or trash about as would be expected of someone in his situation, instead he just stared ahead, his gaze locking on Jaasim. "If you don't set me free there will be dire consequences. The king might still be weak but Edgar doesn't have nearly enough power to take the throne without starting a massive civil war. Either way Idoria will have to fight us and we all know that it will completely bankrupt the county. Let me go and I will pardon you, you can end this now. I will forgive this animalistic display." Jaasim snickered, slowly approaching Mikhos.