About the Tatoos

Author's note: I was perusing the interwebs the other day when I saw pic above

Author's note: I was perusing the interwebs the other day when I saw pic above. It gave me some serious HSHS vibes so I decided to include it at the beginning of the chapter haha. Okay so at 21 chapters this is officially the longest thing I have ever written. I just want to thank all of you guys who read this every week and those of you who comment! Seriously, your comments are what has kept me going to actually keep writing this story for so many months. Hope you enjoy the chapter  :D

Mikhos's PoV

I awoke with a massive headache and naked next to a man who had once punched me in the face. He was still asleep and I propped myself up on one arm to get a better look at him. It was strange seeing Nicolai actually look peaceful. His hair was ruffled, clearly from last night's endeavors, and golden beams of sunlight crept through the window catching in his hair as if giving it a fiery red glow. The dark marks I had left along his neck were still present, creeping down his collarbone. I felt a strange well of pride in my chest seeing them now. I had claimed him. It had honestly taken everything I had not to lash out at Nicky and the princess every time I saw them together the previous day, maybe this would help take care of that little problem. There were three things I knew about Nicolai. One, he was incredibly block headed with the same awareness of what was going on about him as a fucking rock. Second, he could be a completely insufferable idiot who had no bloody idea how to keep his mouth shut, and third, I had somehow managed to fall completely and utterly in love with him. I wasn't exactly sure when it had happened. It had been for awhile I knew that for sure. Maybe it was all the way back to when I first locked eyes with him. I hadn't actually realized it until that night on the balcony the final day before I had to give up my facade as Emery. That night my heart had still pounded even after I had walked away from him. I could still remember the mental 'fuck' my inner voice had clearly stated when I had realized what was happening. I would never tell him though, I could never tell him. He disliked me enough as it was and rightfully so. Honestly I was surprised he had even agreed to...my cheeks grew slightly warm at the memory of last night. I felt him stir beside me now and slowly his eyes fluttered opened.

"Good morning," he said slowly, his voice still groggy and rough. God I wished I could wake up like this every day. Instead of telling him that however I decided to act the way I always did around Nicolai and rolled my eyes.

"You talk in your sleep you know. It's annoying." He sat up suddenly at that, his eyes wide.

"I do? Did I...did I say anything?" I shrugged.

"No, just some mumbling."

"Oh..." a clear look of relief came over his face. He was staring at me again through lidded eyes and I could feel his gaze linger on the tattoos that crept up my torso and across my chest. It's not like I could avoid the inevitable question forever. I had hid enough from him already, I owed him at least this.

"You can ask me about them you know." A clear look of confusion came over his face.

"What are you talking about..." Jesus he was such an idiot.