Chapter 15

IMPORTANT AUTHOR NOTE:

I KNOW THERE'S SPELLING MISTAKES! I SAID IT IN THE DESCRIPTION. I'm not editing this story until i reach a certain amount of chapters(there's a reason for this), so if you have a problem with spelling,just save the story and wait until chapter 20. Then you see updates of all the chapters being edited. 

Thank you. 

Chapter 15

She watched me carefully as she cleaned the wound on my head. I looked around the room, my new room. The boxes were everywhere, they were everything from my old place: my clothes, even down to the kitchen wear, except the furniture. They left no stone unturned in my old apartment. Vincenzo said they wanted to prevent me getting any ideas of escaping and also my old apartment isn't safe as the enemy know its location. I wanted to ask who the enemy was exactly yet Vincenzo seemed to be telling me with those blue eyes not to ask questions. The woman was smiling as she re-bandaged the head wound, she was speaking yet I was more caught up in my own thoughts on how this situation was too unrealistic. I met some guy, I still don't remember who he was. Then I got caught up in his mess. Then he asked or something for the Italian mafia to look after me for protection. This meant the two brothers were born and bred mobsters. Then Vincenzo is one too. Vincenzo explained the family situation in little detail but enough for me to get the whole situation. The Salvatore family is a rich and powerful criminal organisation that runs parts of the Italian mafia.They are one of the most powerful family in Italy that not only ran the Italian mafia on the down low, yet they ran many other companies under their ownership. Vincenzo said he would speak to me later when I'm in a better condition.

"Does this still hurt?" She was holding the hand I had injured a long time ago by the mirror shards, I watched how she turned over the hand with stern concern. She was a really beautiful woman with her glassy doll-like perfection. Dark and hard brown eyes yet some sort of motherly touch. Then her brown hair that fell to her shoulder with curved fringe.I wasn't sure of her age but I guessed late twenties. She looked at the stitches, she disinfected them too even though they no longer hurt and no longer affected me. The little scars faded quite quickly. I guess, I'm a quick healer.

"Doctor Williams, can I go school this week?" I've been trapped in this house for the past week in pain with the head injury and this damn huge bruise on my stomach that was literally purple and blue. I noticed the marks were left by a blunt weapon, that's what Brown said as well. She's the private doctor for the Salvatore family and she was quite different to how I expected her to be. She was polite and nothing like some stereotyped mob doctor.Whatever that stereotyped I had made up. She was more loving and kind. I guess I liked her company, yet she seemed very careful on what said to me, I could see she was picking her words very carefully when she spoke to me, by the faint hint of hesitation in her eyes. She laughed. "I've never seen any child your age want to go to school so badly, but yes you should be fine to go this week."

It's not that I want to go to school, I just want to see if this is reality for me, my own mind can't wrap behind this whole mafia thing. Also, it's the excuse to leave this room. I haven't stepped a foot out of this room for the past week. The brothers would only enter to leave work from my classes at school, I knew when they were coming by their light footsteps and the heel of their shoes, I pretended to be sleep when they entered. There was something that made me shiver at the mere sight of them no matter how much I looked at them, my body would break out in a nervous sweat and my body would shake violently. My food was always brought by Vincenzo and he would sit and eat with me. We would talk about little things. Doctor Williams would come every two days after 4pm.

I would hear the children's voices and their laughter yet they never dared entered the room. I still haven't gained whatever memories back. I never left the room because there was a bathroom connecte+d to the room. It was a giant room.Bigger than my whole apartment. I still haven't unpacked the boxes even though they were moved in by Vincenzo and some men who work under the family. I didn't want to unpack because it would be mean I was accepting this as a reality. I've been waiting until they tell me it's all a joke. However, I know it's a reality, I just want something normal. School is normal.