Chapter 3

I was holding Charles hand all the way to the C.I.A, I mean if you got your sight back (sort of) would you want to use it as much as possible! We entered a conference room with three men sitting at the end of the table. Charles then set up a PowerPoint and began to describe the possibilities of genetic mutation, I jumped in every now. I think they started to realize I was a blind professor after the presentation was done.

When we finished the guy that sounded like he was in charge started saying that this wouldn't make him believe anything. That is when it happened Charles stopped him mid-sentence "I didn't actually expect you to believe me , seeing that through my entire presentation you were thinking about what type of pie they were serving in the cafeteria. Its cherry by the way. I then heard his tone  change as he began to speak to Moira "Sorry, we haven't been completely honest with you, love"

"You see one of the many spectacular things my mutation allows me to do is I can read your mind"

 "I've seen this trick before, are you going to ask us a number between one and ten now?" another man said 

"No Agent Striker I could ask you about your son William who you were thinking about, very nice, but I think I would rather ask you about the American missiles you are currently placing in Turkey" he said back, I smirked at his response.

"YOU BROUGHT A DAMN SPY IN HERE!" the director screamed at Moira

"I DID NOT!" Moira yelled back 

I replied politely and simply "Sir, I do find it best if you don't insult us, accidents do happen" I lied through my teeth knowing very well I could control my powers.

I could tell they were taken aback by what I said and scared of what I could do I heard the same men saying.

"I want them out of this building-" he was cut short as I heard gasped. I searched for Charles hand until I finally grasped it. I could see Raven she had turned into Agent Striker. The silence creeped across the room Charles turned his head and I saw there expression in shock.

I then smiled smartly and said "Hows that for a magic trick?"

I let go of Charles hand and heard a voice in the corner of the room  "Best I've ever seen"

 "Whats your power?" the same men said to me 

" You do not want to know" I replied grimly

"Beautiful, Emilia here has the power to cause all of you pain and possible death just by simply looking at you." Charles explained, making me blush at his comment.

 "I want them out of here and locked down till I can figure out what  to do" said the man in charge

"My facility is off site I can take them"  the man who was sitting in the corner said

I grabbed Charles hand and walked with the man. I suddenly heard Charles voice he was having a conversation with Moira in his mind. It was quite funny her reaction. We were now walking on the 3rd floor of the parking garage where we were meeting Moira.

Charles then started explaining to the man that we had a lead on Shaw which we had to follow and how he had a conversation with Moira, just as she pulled up. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were now on board a ship, sailing toward a yacht that Shaw was on board of. An announcer was now warning all aboard the ship not to move.

"I've lost Shaw I've lost Shaw. This has never has happened to me before. I think there is someone like me on that ship" Charles said 

"Someone like you?" Moira said

"Sorry, what Charles means is a telepath" I explained "Its incredible I can feel her inside Charles mind. He won't be able to help you much tonight." 

"You are inside his brain" Moira asked curiously

"Yes, any physical contact she makes with me she is able to see through my eyes and be in my brain" Charles explained

"Ah" was all she could say

"Oh my God" Charles said as we watched tornadoes form from mid air and take out the motor boats in front of the water.

"Get inside!" the man who I still didn't now the name of said

"Stop!" I said just as Charles cried out in pain

"There is someone else out there" Charles said

I lost Charles hand as he went outside to show them what was happening, I held on to the wall. I heard him say there. With my great sense of hearing I was able to hear the clanging of metal against the yacht about 100yds away.

"Charles" I called out 

"Coming darling" he said then I felt a hand grip mine and I could see again.

I saw a man flying quickly across the water. I then could see a sub moving fast underwater, suddenly it clicked. I screamed out "Let it go" 

Charles and I both read each others mind and jumped right over that boat. Charles grabbed hold of the man and I went blind again. I felt the cool water rush around me as I swam blindly. I then just stopped blinking and went to the surface were I began to blink again and just shredded water. Until I felt a hand grabbed mine and I saw myself because Charles was looking at me. I then saw the man who was holding on to the sub. He just looked at me (Like my figure not Charles) and we all got on the ship after explaining to Eric (that's what Charles told me in his mind) that he was not alone.

Blinding Pain (X-Men Fan Fiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें