Chapter 1

I pulled up to my brothers house, its fairly large he has quite a bit of property. I took the keys out of the ignition and jumped down out of my lifted hummer. I took a deep breath in, I am about to start my new life. How my parents thought that the best way to punish me for street racing is to send me to live with my older brother who races professionally I have no clue. Honestly, my parents don’t really want me and I think they are tired of me. I am fourteen years younger than my brother, so clearly I was an ‘accident’ baby. I grabbed one of my bags, walked up to the front door and knocked. The door swung open after one knock and my brother stood on the other side with open arms. Despite my parents apathetic attitude towards me, my brother adores me.

    “Whitney!” He boomed in his loud voice and pulled me into a tight hug.

    “Andy, you’re crushing me.” I squeaked in pain.

    “Sorry, I forgot you’re fragile.” I released me.

    He grabbed my bag for me and I followed him into the house.

    “So how many times did you flip again?”

    “Fifteen? I think.” the memory flooded into my head again.

    “Dang girl, you’re lucky.” Andy whistled in amazement.

    “Yeah, yeah you’re not the first person I’ve heard that from.”  I rolled my eyes and Andy just smirked at me.

    “Well, here is your room.” He opened the door.

    I stepped in and looked around the room. It was decent sized, wood floors and a large bed in the center of the room. The walls are that generic taupe color that most houses come with and there is a single dresser and a desk as the only other pieces of furniture. There are also French doors leading out to a small balcony. Its not as nice as my room at home, but I guess this is my home now so it will have to do. I turned back to my brother and gave him a thumbs up.

    “So I have to go over the rules, obviously no racing. You can’t have any boys come spend the night.” I made a face at him “Look Whit, I have to say it. That’s just gross and you’re my little sister.”

    “Whatever, I will have to resist the urge to whore myself around.” my tone filled with sarcasm.

    “Please do.” he smiled back playfully.

    “Hey, so my cars will be here tomorrow morning. You have room in your garage right?” I perked up, my cars are my babies.

    “How many?” Andy groaned.

    “Um, just like about…. 5 or 7... Maybe 9.” I smiled a big as I could.

    “Whit!”

    “Sorry, mom and dad said I had to take ALL my stuff and I couldn’t trust to leave them in storage!” I rapidly explained.

    “I will have to do some rearranging.” He sighed. “Not for now though I need to go do some test and tune on my car before the race at the end of the week.”

    “You have a race? Can I go?” I said excitedly.

    “Yes, you can go sit in the stands.”

    “What? I wanna be in the pit! Helping. Come on Andy you know I’m just as good if not better than anyone on your team.” I argued.

    “Maybe so, but that’s not what you’re here for. You’re here to be a normal teenage girl. No racing, no temptation to race. You know just as well as I do once you get your hands on one of those cars it will be hard for you.”