Chapter Two

I sat down at the dinner table with Andy and his fiancée Sicily. I had been mostly quiet since I got here. There isn’t much to considering Andy doesn’t trust me to go out by myself yet. My cars arrived this morning and that had kept me busy for a while, but I’ve been bored ever since. I silently stabbed at the overdone pork that sat on my plate. From what I’ve experienced so far Sicily isn’t the best cook. Maybe I can teach her a thing or two while I’m here, for Andy’s sake.

    “So, Whitney how are you liking Nevada so far?” Sicily said with her annoying voice, it reminded me off of Karen from mean girls. I’m sure she is a very sweet girl, but her intelligence leaves something to be desired.

    “Its hot.” I smacked my lips. “That’s about all I’ve got so far.”

    “You’re going to love it, I just know it.” She giggled.

    She is the very type of girl who gives us blondes a bad name. Although unlike my bleach blonde hair hers is fake, just like her breast and nose. She was the typical racers girlfriend though and if this is what my brother wanted I support him. Plus her ditzyness should make family gatherings a little more laughable.

    After I had pushed my food around the plate for a while longer I decided I was done and excused myself to the kitchen. Andy followed me in.

    “She can cook some things good… sometimes.” my brother green eyes looked sympathetically at me.

    “Mhmm,” I popped a cheeto in my mouth “Maybe I can show her how to cook some of your favorites.”

    “You really are the best.” Andy grinned.

    “I know. Besides I might starve otherwise.” I said rubbing my stomach.

    “Alright well I’m going to bed, the race is in the morning. Um and we are having a party here afterwards so you should probably go straight to your room after the race.”

    “I’m not invited?” I clutched my chest looking hurt.

    “it’s a grown up party.” Andy patted my head.

    “Whats that supposed to mean? I’m grown up.” I defended, and Andy just chuckled.

    “No, these parties get kind of wild and I don’t need you getting sexually assaulted by one of my drunken competitors.” Andy said firmly.

    I huffed and pouted off to my room. Juvenile I know, but he seriously doesn’t trust me at all. Its not like I’ve never been to a party or been around guys before. In fact most of my friends back home are guys. Girls really don’t like me because their boyfriends spend more time with my working on cars. What they don’t know is that they have nothing to worry about, I’m just one of the guys. Honestly guys are never interested in me for me. It kind of sucks.

    When the race ended Tanner placed first, my brother was second and Brian Deegan placed third. I was extremely proud of my brother for racing so amazingly and I really enjoyed being down in the pits. Although I hated to admit it my brother is right, being here watching them have all the fun made it extremely hard. I wanted to get in there and be racing too.

    I had to ride home with Sicily since my brother had banned me from driving any of my cars until I earned his trust. The ride home was just as miserable as I expected, full of her laughing at her own stupid jokes. I resisted the urge to beat my head against the window. When we finally pulled in I headed straight to my room, per my brothers orders. I was locked in my room for the rest of the night forced to listen to the loud music blaring throughout the house and the sounds of drunken partiers celebrating.