Chapter Eight

I stormed down the hallway, I could here Tanner coming behind me. I didn’t have any more or my credit cards so I had to go to my brother first. I walked at a brisk pace to the end of the hall where his room was, keeping Tanner a safe distance behind me. I knocked loudly on my brothers door, after a minute of continuous knocking my brother finally answered. His hair was ruffled and he had sheets wrapped around his waist.

    “What are you doing?” he said looking at my bags.

    “I want to go home.” I said firmly. At this moment Tanner finally caught up. He was breathing heavily.

    “Its all a misunderstanding. Whit, you can’t leave.” Tanner pleaded.

    “I can and I will. I don’t have to put up with this. I’d rather go back jail. Its more fun and the people are nicer.” I crossed my arms. My brother looked fed up.

    “What happened?” Andy sighed.

    “Tanner doesn’t trust me. He says I’m just a kid. I think he’s right. He needs someone more qualified. I might as well go home. Maybe Trixie knows something about cars? Either way she is meeting your ‘needs’, that’s all you care about.” I huffed.

    “I trust you just fine. I chose my words poorly. You’re not a kid, you’re just young and just because I said you don’t understand some things doesn’t mean I doubt your abilities with a car.” Tanner was frustrated. He just didn’t get it.

    “That’s the problem. You either trust me or your don’t! Its not just in one area.” I shook my head. Tanner sighed.

    “Look, I promise I do trust you. I wouldn’t have asked you here if I didn’t have faith in you. Please just let me make it up to you. I’ll do anything. Name your conditions.” Tanner pleaded. I thought long and hard. I really didn’t want to leave. I didn’t want to spend any more time with my brothers bimbo girlfriend and I wanted to travel and fix cars. If Tanner would just keep his word then we would both win.

    “Okay, I’ll stay.” he let out a sigh of relief when I said this “BUT! You have to promise me. I’m in charge when it comes to the car. No questioning my authority. We won’t work as a team if you don’t trust me completely.” he nodded in agreement. “Second, no bringing home whores! If I am staying with you, you can’t put me through that again. Its not fair.”

    “But..” he started. I grabbed the handle of my luggage and started to pick it up “Wait, no I agree. I’ll find some other way.”

    “Okay, great.” I smiled “Never mind Andy. We aren’t having any problems.” I smiled and kissed him on the cheek before heading back to the suite.

    Once we got back I headed straight to my room to unpack, again. I heard Tanner in the other room explaining to the woman that she had to leave. She argued for a minute, then I heard the door slam. I walked back out into the living room once I finished unpacking my things. Tanner was sitting on the couch with his face buried in his hands. He looked up at me as I entered the room.

    “Look, I’m really sorry Whit. I’ve been such a jerk to you.” He said standing up. “I don’t know why, but there is always tension in our relationship and I don’t want it to be that way.”

    “Maybe its because you always treat me like a child.” I crossed my arms. I was not going to let him be forgiven that easily. He has to learn a lesson. I can’t just keep letting him off easy because he is handsome and charming.

    “You have to understand, Whitney you’re twenty years younger than me.” I justified his behavior.

    “That doesn’t mean anything. I don’t deserve to be treated that way.”  I looked away from him.