Chapter Seven

I stepped out into the crowded German air terminal. My brother and everyone else got here yesterday because they had booked their flight months ago. Unfortunately, because of my spur of the moment addition I had to wait for my flight. I had my headphones in my ears, blasting Krewella. I went to grab my luggage from the baggage carousel. I stood off to the side until I spotted my luggage. Crowds have always caused me anxiety, so I try to keep out of them if all possible. I grabbed my Louis Vuiton luggage off the conveyer belt and then turned quickly to get out of the masses of people. As I turned I was face to face with someone. I screamed and let my bags fall to the ground. The person I was literally centimeters apart from was none other than Tanner. I ripped my headphones out of my ears.

    “You gave me a heart attack!” I clutched my chest, breathing heavily.

    “Sorry.” he chuckled. “Jeez, you’re jumpy.”

    “ I don’t like crowds.” I frowned grabbing one of my bags from the ground. Tanner grabbed the larger rolling trunk.

    “Do you think you brought enough?” Tanner looked at all my luggage.

    “It’s a six month season!” I said, how could I bring any less than this? He just laughed at me. “Why are you here anyway?”

    “Well thanks.” Tanner faked being hurt. I rolled my eyes at his dramatics “Your brother is out testing the car.”

    “Okay.” I accepted that answer and followed Tanner through the airport. Sticking close to him.

    I got into his car, a BMW 3 series. He put the luggage into the trunk and then got in. When he started the car AC/DC blared through the speakers. I clapped my hands over my ears from the volume. Tanner quickly turned the knob down.

    “Sorry.” he apologized and I uncovered my ears.

    “Nice eighties rock.” I said sarcastically.

    “Like you have better taste in music.” he rolled his eyes.

    “Yeah, well most of this music I like is made by people who aren’t my grandparents age.” I gave the attitude right back to him.

    “Whatever.” he furrowed his brow and gripped the steering wheel.

    The rest of the drive was quiet until we made it to the hotel. We bother got out and he grabbed my bags and led me into the lobby. Suddenly he stopped, causing me to almost run into him. He turned around to face me. I cross my arms angry with him for stopping so quickly. His face held a nervous expression. He chewed his lip anxiously.

    “Um, so I need to talk to you about something.” he said.

    “Can’t I get checked in first and then we discuss it?” I tapped my foot impatiently. Jet lag was setting in and I really just wanted to go to bed.

    “No, that’s kind of what we need to talk about.” he paused “So since we tried to book you a room so late, there weren’t any left.”

    “So? I can stay at another hotel.” I said.

    “In the town. There isn’t any availability for 40 miles because of the race.” He informed me.

    “So what am I going to do? Sleep in the car?” I asked confused.

    “No, I have a suite. So you’re going to have to stay with me. You have your own room and everything. Its just for a few days and in England you have your own place.” He explained.