Chapter Three

“Whitney.” I heard my brothers voice call out through the garage.

    “Over here.” I yelled from my ford raptor.

    I was currently working on replacing the spark plugs. Which due to my trucks lifted state and my short stature required me beings on a step ladder and standing on my tippy toes. I turned around to see Tanner and my brother had made their way over to where I was. Tanner winked at me and gave me a thumbs up while my brother wasn’t looking. I resisted the urge to do a victory dance.

    “So Whitney, Tanner gave me an idea.” Andy said.

    “What would that be?” I played dumb.

    “Rockstar his sponsor is looking for a new driver… and he said that they would more than likely be willing to bring you on.” Tanner nodded in agreement with what my brother was telling me. I jumped up and down and almost fell off the ladder. Tanner put his hand forward to stop me.

    “Thanks,” I caught my breath then squealed again. “Yay! Thank you thank you thank you.”

    I came down from the ladder before I had the chance to almost fall again and I squeezed my brother in a tight hug. I could not grin any bigger. I released him and then continued to jump up and down with excitement.

    “Well thank Tanner it was mostly his doing.” My brother shrugged at my dramatic reaction.

    “Thank you so much.” I smiled, scrunching my face up and then I brought him into a tight hug like I had my brother. Tanner Smelled amazing I felt as if could just melt into him. I remembered to let go of him though before it became awkward.

    Within two days I was testing in a car. Turns out rockstar wanted to sponsor a drifter. I was using one of the old cars until they prepared mine. Tanner was in the passenger seat giving me tips. I was loving everything about this. I looked over and saw a giant smile on Tanner’s face. Glad to know he was enjoying it too.

    “You know, you’re an amazing driver.”

    “Thanks.” I blushed.

    “Don’t tell your brother, but you’re better than he is. I can’t believe no one has hired you before this.” Tanner went on.

    “Well I wasn’t exactly racing in a public forum.” I smiled spinning the car around.

    “Right, right I forgot.” He chuckled. I brought the car to a stop and then looked over at Tanner.

    “Thank you so much. For making all of this happen.” I smiled at him, looking into his mesmerizing beautiful eyes.

    “Of course. You deserve it one hundred percent.” he replied.

    “Um I want to check on the engine, something didn’t sound just right.” I jumped out of the car and opened the hood.

    “And you can fix cars too, amazing.” he chuckled.

    “Well I don’t have a fancy crew to fix my cars like you do. It just me. Any guy who would offer to help work on my car either didn’t take my seriously or just wanted to take advantage of me.” I shrugged.

    “Take advantage, like what?” He came over to my side to look under the hood with me.

    “Oh I dunno. Just like, I would be working on the car and all of the sudden they would have their hand on my thigh. Or dropping a tool to watch me pick it up. One guy even came and offered to help me pull an engine out and then when he got there he couldn’t believe I actually wanted him to help with my engine. I guess he thought it was code for something else.” I said while tightening a hose.