six

they both fall into their respective hotel beds, tired, worn-out. the bed feels like soft clouds and all Jimin wants to do right now is fall right asleep. it's comforting. the silent buzz of the air conditioner soothes him, followed by yoongi's steady breathing. soon, he's under the covers, and he hears Yoongi shuffling around from across him.

Jimin peeks from under the blankets. "writing lyrics?" Jimin asks silently. Yoongi's head turns to face him sharply, eyes wide, laptop in hand. his expression softens as he processes Jimin's question.

"yeah," he replies. Jimin sighs, blinking slowly.

"don't sleep too late." Jimin says finally, and he crawls back into the covers once he sees Yoongi nod numbly.

YOONGI
Saturday

2:17 AM

Yoongi looks at his watch.

i've noticed that i started growing some hair on my chin and upper lip. it could be that age has finally caught up to me --- but the thing is is that i haven't found my soulmate...yet. i don't believe in that stuff either, so it's probably just me noticing i started growing something.

Yoongi sighs, closing his laptop. he didn't really write any lyrics as Jimin had said, because his muse hasn't been up and running for the past few days. it's times like these he hates most. he needs inspiration for his next piece, hopefully. if he wants to stand out so he and Jimin could sign to a label—then he'd better do a good damn job with his next one.

he's sitting blankly at the provided coffee desk facing the window, laptop closed, skies dark. the clouds loom over busan, and it starts to rain hard. Yoongi can see thunder from far away. he doesn't get scared over the booming sounds echoing to their hotel. he just sits there until the bolts come closer, until in a flash Yoongi can see it clearly—the way it electrifies the ground, probably mushrooms growing where it struck.

it seems as if the earth has split into two with the next thunder bolt, being so eerily close to the wide windows Yoongi is facing. it was like it came from a speaker on full volume.

"no!" Jimin shouts. Yoongi jumps at the sound, oddly calm when the lightening struck. he turns to see park Jimin wrapped like a caterpillar under his covers, shaking. "no no no no no no no no no no!" he says over and over again. his voice is hoarse and raspy.

Yoongi leaves the table to walk over to Jimin at his bedside. he kneels down, gently pushing the covers away from jimin's face. he's sweating, disheveled, and his eyes are watery. "are you okay?" Yoongi asks him softly. "calm down, Jimin. it's just thunder."

another boom comes from the sky and Jimin jumps out from the covers in fear. he falls onto Yoongi, face buried in his chest. Jimin's shaking and his breath is ragged. he is definitely not okay. Jimin finds yoongi's hand and holds it tightly. it clenches when another strike comes, making him shiver harder. Yoongi rests his free hand against jimin's head, stroking it.

"it's okay, Jimin." he whispers, "i'm here, don't worry."

"i'm sorry," Jimin tries, his voice is small and quiet.

"don't be. now, lets get you into bed, okay?" Yoongi says. he helps Jimin stand, legs wobbly. Jimin lies back down into his bed, hand still holding Yoongi's tightly.

"let me do this." Jimin says, tears threatening to fall. "let me do this." he repeats, hand gripping yoongi's tighter.

"it's okay, it's okay." Yoongi thumbs the underside of jimin's hands in an attempt to calm him down. his heart is beating like crazy, faster than it ever has. Yoongi gulps. "should i...get in bed with you?"