twelve.

disclaimer: my descriptions of the trainee life and underground community may be severely inaccurate, so do not take this piece of writing as source material!

jimin was actually pretty excited, hearing the fact that the two of them have been scouted. and that they may or may not get a job at BigHit. or that they have the chance to pursue being an artist or idol or whatever.

actually, jimin is pretty capable of becoming an idol. he's good at singing, he's good at dancing, and he's good looking. doesn't that tick down most of the boxes on 'things to be when becoming an idol'? he can probably learn a lot more things when he becomes a trainee too, but jimin's never expressed wanting to become one. but the way he's acting now, it seems like he's considered it.

the two of them end up getting accepted. into BigHit, that is.

something in yoongi tells him he did the wrong thing.

YOONGI

from what he's heard, trainee life can be...brutal. especially because you're practicing every single fucking day in order to become and idol or an artist or whatever. you need proper training before the agency presents you to the world. and to those trainees to fail to make the cut—it would be like they spent three, hell, even seven or more years of training for nothing. props to those who never give up and keep on working towards their dream.

yoongi worked so fucking hard to get to where he was—in the underground community, that is. he kept on working and working, endlessly producing music like a one man factory, barely getting any ounce of sleep and dark, under eye circles that hung dauntingly under his lower lashes. he worked so, so fucking hard, and to feel this kind of sense of achievement is fucking amazing. the fact that he's even worthy to be scouted by an entertainment company is amazing.

but the fact that he doesn't know what will happen when he enters, it scares him. he doesn't know just what the company is training him to be. he's definitely sure they're not trying to make idols—because idols dance, right? and they haven't been dancing. yoongi hasn't even step foot in a dance practice room once. he thinks BigHit it trying to make some sort of hip hop duo—a rapper with a vocal or something—and yoongi's kind of okay with that.

from underground rapper to idol, it's kind of taboo to even think about it when you're (probably) part of both communities. idol rappers will get dragged because either they can't rap or they're fake because they quit being an UR and decided to become some plastic, emotionless idol.

the sad thing is that some people are quick to generalize. there are idol rappers out there who are amazing—better than those UR's that make a diss track out of them. but that's the criticism a lot of people face, and thankfully yoongi's got supportive friends—he doesn't expect them to fucking diss his ass because he just might become an idol. rather, they're actually really happy for him. for him to seal a deal with an actual fucking entertainment company is huge for them. their friend is going to do so, so good.

there are twenty other trainees among jimin and yoongi—yoongi hasn't met them all though. he doesn't know most of their names and it just feels like school all over again because he's too nervous to talk to anyone, probably because every single one of those trainees are his competition (along with jimin) and he always feels like if he says or does something wrong it'll drag him to hell. so he stays in his lane.

"hyung,"

yoongi's eyes are sealed tight.

"hyuunnggggggg,"