four

the sun was peaking behind the curtains, and i rolled at my side then groaned. i used my forehead to prop myself up. i have seven bruises on my arms; two on each elbow, one near my elbow area, one on my wrist, the other behind my left hand, one on the bottom of my right forearm, and the last one on outer portion of my left bicep. i am not about to use my arms to prop myself up. 

being sore and very lazy, i got out of my bed in ten minutes. 

i saw the drawing, and i smiled.

i finally looked at the back of the the picture

to our lee bee

from your lovely bitches

i couldn't help it, i laughed.

a knock, then kyle came in. i almost squealed. almost.

"why do you do this to me? and so early in the damn morning?"

"ho-ho-ho, someone woke up at the wrong side of the bed, and -" he hissed. "yikes. those bruises do not look like they're getting better. your jacket failed to just embody how you're a very crappy sparring...person...dude...dudette -"

"let me stop you there, partner." i was holding up my hands. "first, please don't get me started on how dudette isn't really a noun. second, don't change the damn subject."

he groaned. 

"third. what. do you. want."

"we're going down the town today. jamie got the job."

"oh, the country club?" i remember kyle and jamie talking about it. erick had all ready secured a summer job at the local ice cream place the summer before.

kyle laughed. "actually no. i got that life guard job. jamie changed gear and got the opening with professor casing."

i raised my eyebrows. instantly, i recalled a wild-eyed black man with graying hair and who loved sour candies. i remember local kids teasing each other and me, saying, "don't be such a crack casing."

"oh," was all i said.

kyle mirrored my own expression. "yeah. i know. but i think they get along quite well." his voice was cracked at the end.

"i mean...i haven't heard much accident recently, you know?" i said nodding at him.

kyle started nodding along, somewhat convinced. "yeah, yeah...ever since jamie started asking the science museum for some form of work there, he ran into cracked casing - i mean - professor casing." he grinned and i rolled my eyes trying not to grin. "he's been spending nearly all his time after school with casing. got a internship with banana beans. they've both been good so far. no incidents." he frowned.

incidents. that's what we call jamie's rare bursts of rebellion. mind you, it's nothing compared to professor casing. professor casing's more...explosive. and usually ends with cackling laughter.