Chapter Nine

***EDITED: 20/06/2018***

As the four animals continued with their journey, they were met with a little patter of snow falling, causing Sarabi to look around at the freshly fallen snow.

It wasn't too long before Sarabi's inner cub came out and started playing in the snow.  She pounced her way through the snow with a wide smile on her face as she played in the snow as they all waited for Sid to catch up from being left behind. The two males smirked to themselves as they both stood next to a geyser. 

Sarabi looked between the two males, furrowing her brows wondering why the two males were smirking 

"Thanks for waiting." Sid said once he arrived slumping down on the opening of the geyser. 

Both Manny and Diego glanced at each other before simultaneously counting down.

"3, 2, 1." Sid then was rocketed up into the air yelling in protest.

'Oh, so that's why they were looking at each other with smirks.' Sarabi thought smiling slightly, oblivious to Diego's  stare.

"Sure is faithful." Manny said as he and the others walked away. 

After a few seconds Sid had fallen back down and caught up with the group. As soon as Sid caught up with the group Manny gave Sid Roshan which Sarabi thought was a bad idea, but didn't say it out loud.

After a couple of hours of walking, Sarabi, Manny and Diego started to hear grunting and poking noises from behind them. Turning their heads, Sarabi saw that Sid and Roshan were in the middle of a poking contest, with each poke getting harsher than the last.

"Don't make me reach back there!" Manny warned.

"But he started it!" Sid protested trying to hold a now squirming Roshan in his arms.

"Manny doesn't care who starts it Sid, he'll finish it!" Sarabi stated bluntly, causing Manny to look over at her with appreciation.

 The poking contest between Sid and Roshan continued causing Sarabi to get irritated real quick, so turning around and taking Roshan out of Sid's arm and handing him back to Manny.

They then got to a stump where a red flame burst out of it which made them all stop, once they stop an ice train then past them. After a few seconds a green flame shot up and then they continued with their journey.

They then reached a see-saw- like rock, Manny was the last one off of the see-saw-like rock but failed to notice that Sid was behind him, so once he stepped off the rock he sent Sid flying. A few minutes had passed by when Sid finally caught up to them and asked to hold Roshan again which caused Sarabi to hesitate giving him to the sloth, not after what happened last time.  Sighing she decided to hand over Roshan to Sid.

Not even a few hours afterwards, a snowball hit Manny right on the head. Manny stopped and turned around causing Sarabi and Diego to stop and turn around as well and saw that Roshan and Sid were pointing fingers at each other.

Rolling his eyes, Manny turned around and continued walking but not before throwing a giant snowball back to Sid. Sarabi smiled softly as Roshan sat there giggling and clapping as Sid was buried beneath the snow. 

"Modern architecture." Manny scoffed, "It'll never last." 

Soon after, Diego went to scout ahead of the others but froze once he saw one of his packs footprints. Turning around Diego saw the others coming closer towards him, so he quickly turned the sabers paw prints into a humans footprint. 

Once the other four finally caught up with him, he pointed in the direction where the human footprint led to causing Sarabi to look down at the print with raised brows. 

'That's not what it would look like.' She thought in confusion. 

Shaking those thoughts out of her head, Sarabi couldn't help but to get suspicious of Diego. Something in the back of her mind telling her that Diego was lying about everything and just leading them further and further into a trap.  Shaking those thoughts out of her head she followed behind Diego, deciding that it would be in her best interest to not act on it until she was certain that Diego was lying or not.

_______________________

"She's nothing like any of the other female Saber tooth's. She unique and different from the others, it just makes her special."~Diego

"I thought we could trust you! But I was wrong, even when I knew something was fishy about you from the start! Why did you even do it?"~Sarabi