Chapter Seven: Two Birds One Stone

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW, YOU GUYS MUST HATE ME FOR NOT UPDATING. BUT GETTING READY FOR COLLEGE AWAY FORM HOME IS ALOT OF WORK AND REALLY TIME CONSUMING I HOPE THIS CHAPTER WAS WORTH THE WAIT. I DO LOVE YOU GUYS AND ILL UPDATE AS SOON AS I CAN.

Pacing. That's what I've been doing for the past ten minutes. I'm surprised I haven't burnt holes in my carpet by now. I've never been on a date before so I don't know what to expect. My anxiety heightens by the minute the closer it gets to the time. Damien is nowhere to be seen ever since I told him off last night. I've been debating if I should say sorry but I'm not sure it's because I want to make sure he's talking to me or not or because I didn't mean to be so rude.

And if he's not?

My stomach twist in a familiar disgust. Him not talking to me is a painful thought.

Glancing at the clock I notice its seven thirty. I told him I would meet him there so I might as well leave now. Double checking that I have my wallet and keys I open my room door sticking my head out to make sure the coast is clear. Stepping out I softly close my door tipping to the staircase. I don't know why I feel like I'm sneaking out my house and if I get caught I'm going to be in trouble but I just do. Damien knows of my whereabouts and I'm too old for him to tell me what to do. With that being said I head down the stairs to meet with the beast himself.

Dressed in gray sweats and a compression shirt his body stands tall, as if you're supposed to swoon once you've laid eyes on it. We both say nothing. Looking at each other in awkward silence. I have two steps left before I make it to the bottom but I don't dare move. Plus his large frame is blocking the door way and I'm not sure if I ask for pardon he'll actually move.

"Going out?" his voice low.

"I told you I h-had a d-date" I gulp. Shit shit shit! I was doing so well.

"I see, well I don't want to make you late. Be careful. How are you getting back?"

"He's going to d-drop me off"

"Well, have fun" he turns on his heel walking into the Livingroom. He sounded hesitant. As if he didn't want me to go

Well that wasn't so bad...

****

We've been at Peer Pizza for more than an hour and I've managed to eat four slices of pizza and down two glasses of frozen strawberry lemonade. In here is a lot darker then I remember. It's kind of intimate now that I think of it. It's designed like a rustic boat house with knit cloth heavy anchors and candles. Not to mention the brick oven pizza.

I've managed to tell him all there is to know about me. I mean once you know my major secret I'm kind of an open book.

"So why did your brother leave you for a week again?"

"To go fuck his girlfriend in Bora Bora" I roll my eyes.

"So who's looking after you?" he seems interested.

"Looking after me? I'm old enough to take care of myself" I huff. I'm not that young.

"I'm sorry if I offended you" he scratches his head trying to make the situation less awkward.

"No need to say sorry. I'm the one who snapped at you" I offer him a small smile and in turn his cheeks flush. You wouldn't think a big jock like him blushes but it's actually really cute when he does. "If you don't mind me asking, why did you and your boyfriend break up?" he chuckles playing with one of the salt shakers.

"I'm surprised you didn't ask sooner. I won't get to the nitty gritty so long story short he was a cheating bastard"

"Oh... I'm sorry" I feel terrible for asking.