Chapter nine: hair cut

I've been wide awake since twelve. And if I'm being honest I'm not sure if I've actually slept yet. I had my fill of tears and my brain is done trying to figure out why I was crying in the first place.

I don't have to look in the mirror to know my eyes are red rimmed. Fact is I haven't gotten up yet my body has made my bed my home. And my thoughts have screwed it's way so deep into my mind it has now made me want to blow my head off.

I know what's waiting for me beyond that door.

I call Murray's cab to take me downtown to the bookstore. In the unmost lamest way I'm excited for the cab ride along with finding new books. I feel like riding in a cab is like being all over the world. Someone form Belgium or Paris or Hawaii could have been sitting in this exact seat and you wouldn't even know. Not to mention the cab drivers are often friendly in this neighborhood. They share stories about  bizarre events and even personal problems. And sometimes to help solve you own problem you need to look at someone else's.

I doubt the 85 yea old forever could help you with your gay love triangle

My phone buzzes from my back pocket and my fingers struggle to pull it out my skinny jeans. This was not a smart outfit. But I feel like I look dapper enough to play off that I'm having a great day and nothing is bothering me.

Funny how clothes can tell a story

Damien5:03
     Where the hell did you go??

Me 5:03
     I'm on my way to the bookstore. Is that a problem?

The nerve of him! We haven't spoken all day and that's what he text me

What did you want him to text? His undying love for you?

Damien 5:04
Of course not, but being that I am your babysitter for the week your wereabouts should be known.

Oh for fuck sake

Me 5:06
Well, I'm going to the library( as I said) and I might get a hair cut.

Damien 5:06
Why???

Me 5:06
Why the library or he hair cut?

Damien 5:07
     Please don't be stupid. Why are you getting a hair cut. I didn't think I would have to write that out for you.

I can hear his annoyce.  Why is he so damn interested in what I do all of a sudden. I want to curse  him but where will that get me?I still have to come back home to him.  I decide not to answer because he'll just ruin my day.

By the time I leave the bookstore the hair salons are closed and it's time for me to go home. After all I have school tomorrow. Striding in the house I glance at the un opened box of pizza and bottle of Pepsi's

It's a nice gesture that he waited for me to come home to eat, but at the same time I know it's because he doesn't think I eat enough and wants to monitor me.

"Welcome back" he emerges from the living room. As much as I dislike him right now he still looks like a god.

You only dislike him because you two haven't spoken about the elephant in the room.

"Thanks" I can't help the venom in my words

Welcome back my ass...

"What book did you pick up"

"Nothing you'd be interested it" I say dryly

He knows  I'm trying to dead the conversation but he keeps going.