Chapter 5- Assignment from hell

*HALEY'S POV*

I eat my breakfast, quickly seeing as I'm most likely going to be late to school today.

After I'm finished I put my bowl in the sink and grab my bag. I texted Maya already and told her to walk to school without me today. There was no point in her getting late because of me. Saying goodbye to Stacey and my dad quickly, I shut the front door and put my earphones in. I speed walked down my street and to school.

I rush through the corridors, heading straight to my locker. I frantically grab the books I need and slam my locker shut. I don't slow down as I make my way down the long, deserted corridors and towards my classroom.

"Sorry miss" I say as I shuffle into my seat at the back of the classroom

"Don't let it happen again" she says sternly earning a nod from me.

I sit down and the teacher begins informing us about the work scheduled for the school year, my eyes perk up when an upcoming assignment is mentioned.

"So class, you will all be assigned partners for the assignment and it is to be completed out of school. That means I'm not going to give you class time to finish it. The assignment is a 3 week long project and you must work on 50 percent of the project. I don't want to hear complaints about students not participating. Your result is worth 20 percent of your final grade" she adjusts her glasses and we all groan, visibly slouching into our seats.

"I've already assigned you your partners so before you go looking at your friends, listen here"

"Aiden Black and Connor Budd" she begins reciting names and I anxiously wait for mine to be called out.

"Susie Lee and Joe Green"

"Haley Michelle and Dylan Jones"

Oh no. It can't be. Not Dylan Jones. The notorious bad boy who was sent to juvie and was lucky enough to be back at Barleywater.

"Fuck" I mutter under my breath.

"What did you say princess?" I look up to see the guy I've so unluckily run into twice before.

"What do you want?" I groan

"I'm your partner, princess"

"1, don't call me princess and 2, you're Dylan Jones?"

"Yeah" he shrugs.

"Great" I mutter

"Hey, I'm not thrilled about this either, I don't need this shit" he says, clearly annoyed that he was partnered with me.

This is gonna be the assignment from hell.

"Well as much as I don't want to do this, we don't have a choice, so we're just gonna have to get along for a couple of weeks" He says

"So your place or mine?" Dylan asks

"Excuse me?"

"For the assignment" he says like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Oh, right. It'll have to be mine, grounded"

"Ok, what'd you do? only get 99% on a test?" he asks sarcastically

"Haha" I say dryly.

"I seriously doubt you care" I add

"Whatever" he shrugs.

"Well I'll meet you at the school gates after school" I say.

"Okay"

Dylan walks away leaving me to pack up my things. Getting up, I push my chair in and head to my next class. Biology.

****

The biology class went on quite slowly and dully, so I decided to spare you the details. Katie and I, who are coincidentally in the same classes expect for three, talked and amused ourselves during the boring period.

I just put my books away and I'm heading to the cafeteria for lunch. I grab my lunch and pay for it before sitting down at our usual table. Scanning the room, I see Jake and his group of jocks, laughing and joking around, as usual. My eyes move over to a corner table where Dylan is seated with a girl, she has a few piercings, not too many and bright purple hair, next to her is seated a guy, around the same age with black hair and a few tattoos.

Are these the people he associated himself with? to be honest I'm not very surprised. His appearance is the classic 'bad boy' look. The ruffled, messy hair and the tattoos. He's got a few piercings, an eyebrow ring and a couple ear piercings. He comes across as unapproachable and rude. Not the kind if guy I would associate myself with. But I must say, he's quite attractive, and when I say that it may be an understatement. He's hot. Very hot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N hope you guys liked this chapter! I've been working on it for a few days, I write a little bit everyday. Dylan has made a proper appearance, finally. I hope you guys enjoy my story, yes, it's cliché but I think everyone enjoys a little bit of a cliché bad boy story? please comment/share/vote if you like it and thank you so so much for the reads! <3