-16-

Everything at that point in time.. Was all a haze.

I couldn't remember what had happened after encountering the one and only Poison Ivy.

It was all.. A jumble.

Like the pieces to a very intricate puzzle that I could not solve.

All I know though is that at the moment I am sitting it a small living room, a warm cup of tea in my hand, and no clue how I got there.

The warmth from the cup had enveloped my body in a small blanket of relaxation, as I looked down at the pool of dark red liquid that sat inside.

"You know Hun, your strength is bound to come back quicker if you just take a sip of the damn tea."

A voice snapped.

My eyes immediately darted to the corner of the room, and spotted Ivy standing against the wall.

She sighed, and sashayed over to me, sitting herself down and groaning in annoyance.

"Come on, you have to at least drink a little bit of it. It's passion fruit, and no one can resist a flavor that bold and delicious."

She eased, as I took another look down at the tea.

Ivy sighed and stood up.

"Honestly. A kid like you shouldn't even have been in a situation this dreadful anyways."

I tested the cup in my lap, and I looked up at her,

"What do you mean?"

Instantly, she turned around. A look of confusion and anger spread across her face.

"What do you mean? Can't you remember a single damn thing that happened?!"

She exclaimed.

I shook my head, and she face palmed.

"Right after I came to your rescue, you fainted from the blood loss and I took you back to my home."

She said, as she gestured to her comfy apartment.

"And with the power of my plants and the science I have conducted over the years, I was able to heal your wounds like it was nothing."

I slowly gazed down at my shirt, and realized I was indeed wearing entirely different clothes, and I couldn't feel any pain.

"H-How?"

Ivy ignored my remark, and walked out of the room.

I groaned and leaned back onto the couch dramatically and put my hand up to my forehead.

My head felt like it was on fire, and I groaned out in slight pain.

"Hey Ivy? I'm gonna watch some TV if that's ok."

I shouted out, as I went over to the coffee table and picked up the TV remotes and pressed the on button.

"BREAKING NEWS!"

My eyes widened as I saw that part of Arkham Asylum being hosed down by a fire truck.

"Holy shit."

I exclaimed, as I sat down and continued to watch the broadcast.

"A lot has happened her tonight at the scene. Police are still currently on the lookout for a suspect known as the Joker, and former psychiatrist (y/n) (l/n). How the fire started here at the asylum is still a mystery at the moment. We will bring you another update when more information is obtained."

At that point I had turned the TV off and tucked my knees into my torso.

"You okay there?"

Ivy called out.

I jumped slightly because she was sitting on the couch next to me and I didn't know how the hell she got there.

She only chuckled and patted my head.

"Sorry bout that kid, when you were focusing on the tv I came and sat down next to you. Didn't mean to frighten you."

She said with a smile.

I nodded, and also returned that same cheeky grin.

"Maybe... I'm just acting too crazy for comfort."

I mumbled to myself, as my legs drooped off the side of the couch.

"Darling, your just a kid. We all make mistakes, don't beat yourself up about it."

Ivy responded, as she took my hand in hers.

"You at least still have hope."

She smiled genuinely.

"But what if.."

"What..?"

I rolled my eyes, and sighed out.

"What if... I liked it."

"Liked what? Being the jokers tool?"

"No. No. Not that..."

I muttered, as I tapped my foot on the hardwood floor.

"I loved.. The thrill.."

"So you're telling me you want to throw your life away?"

"That's what you did, isn't it?"

I retorted, as Ivy glared menacingly at me.

"I didn't exactly choose to be this way you damned brat!"

Ivy shouted as she got up off the couch and stormed off into the other room.

I looked to the floor with a snarl on my face.

"I don't need you."

I muttered as I got off the couch.

"I don't need anyone."

-----------------------------

Hey everyone! Sorry that this update took so long! I was trying to find a way I could make the plot more interesting and it took longer than I though.. I'll try my best to update at least once a week, but I just became a freshman at high school and I have a lot of homework, and I've already had two tests since the beginning of the school year. *sigh* but I'm still gonna update more often and I hoped you enjoyed this short/filling chapter!

Thank you all!

-Abby