Michael's Pad (Michael's POV)

I was talking to Frank, walking slower than usual just for fun. That's when I smelled a whiff of perfume pass by me: a scent I knew all too well. I looked to see who it was anyway, and sure enough it was Kelly. She was walking faster than me, so I had to jog to catch up with her.

Once I reached her, I tapped her shoulder and she turned around, "Michael." She said in her soothing voice; it sent a wave of shivers down my spine.

She mouthed to her friends to go ahead, that's when I refocused on what I wanted to tell her.

She smiled at me warmly.

 I thought she didn't like me, but who cares.

"Hey Kelly," I said, trying to play it cool. I continued, "don't forget, we gotta practice as much as possible when we get back." Her smile turned into a grimace. I tried to lighten the mood, so I pretended to groan. "Ugh, I know, right? It just totally sucks to sing with Michael Jackson 'cause he's sooo terrible," I teased.

"Shut up," she said, clearly trying not to laugh.

45 Minutes Later

Kelly, my guards, and I were all now running to avoid the screaming girls and paparazzi. I was so used to all the noise that I hardly noticed it anymore, but Kelly on the other hand was plugging her ears as hard as she possibly could. I chuckled at how cute she looked when she did that.

When we made it to my room my guard, Rich, opened the door and let us in. He shut the door and took a stand outside as usual.

Once we were inside, I suggested that we push some furniture out of the way for dancing.

"What do you wanna start with?" I asked her after we finished.

"I really don't care." she said blankly.

"Alright then. . .  Sing to me." I commanded.

She paused for a minute, thinking. After a few seconds she started singing Leave Me Alone.

I wasn't so much concentrating on the words coming out of her mouth but rather the sound it produced. It was beautiful, and yes, I have told her before that she needed to work on her voice before. But in truth, I just wanted to get a chance to talk solo with her. There are probably better ways to go about doing so, but with this I have the opportunity to hear her talk and sing. Now that's not so bad. . . right?

I came back down to earth when she faded out of the chorus, and I started clapping. She looked surprised, but I ignored it.

"Awesome! You're actually a lot better than I thought, but how come you chose that song? We haven't performed it in a month." I asked. She gave me an annoyed look, "what do you think?" She said.

I had to admit that I possibly deserved it, but it was a little harsh.

Then an idea popped into my mind to play a little joke on her, just to see her reaction.

I wiped the smile off of my face slowly and began to tear up my own eyes, it's pretty sad that I've cried so many times that I could do it on the spot.

Her smile faded along with mine. "I'm sorry Michael, I didn't. . . I didn't mean it like that," she said trying to reason with me.

I hung my head down and let my hair drape over my face, not making a sound. I moved to the opposite side of the room and stood close to the wall, hoping she wouldn't see me smiling at her foolishness.

After a few seconds of awkward silence she walked over to me.

As she stood trying to analyze my mood, I laughed silently to myself. She lowered her head even further down to try to see my face that was still securely hidden.

"Michael?" she called. I would've said something this time, but I was too busy laughing.

She swept my curls out of my face to reveal what I was really doing.

She looked surprised to see me laughing at her, which made it funnier to me because her expression was so. . .strange.

"I'm sorry, I thought it would be fun to mess with you." I said, giggling.

She looked at me scrutinizingly for a second, "oh yeah? Well if you think that's so funny---" She said as she started tickling my sides and stomach.

"Stop it!" I shouted, trying to shield my body from her. Although it didn't work, she was relentless.

I attempted to break away, but I wasn't fast enough. She jumped onto me and pulled us both down, and she made sure that I couldn't get out by having her legs on both sides of me. When we were on the floor she continued to tickle me, even though I begged her multiple times to stop.

I will say that this is the most that I've laughed for real in a long while, and it felt really nice too.

I still screamed though, and this time it was noticeably louder than the other times.

Just then Rich burst through the door, "what's wrong?!" He shouted frantically. We didn't speak yet, but he looked a little taken back when he saw how we were positioned on the floor.

We lifted ourselves up and straightened our clothes so it would be less awkward for him.

"Was I ehm. . . Interrupting something?" He asked, giving me a devilish smile. Yeah right, I wish he would've actually been interrupting something. . .

"No, man but thanks! You saved me from that terrible tickle monster!" I said jokingly. I heard Kelly laugh when she looked at Rich's confused face. He laughed slightly too, "um, okay then Mike." He turned around and disappeared out the door.

After a few seconds of staring after him, we turned to each other and let out long strings of laughter.

God, I love her laugh so much.

We laughed for another few minutes, then the effect wore off enough so we could refocus ourselves on the matter at hand.

"Can we try that again?" She asked, still giggling. 

"Right, right. Smooth Criminal from the top?" I asked her. 

"Totally!" She exhaled.

I began snapping my fingers, "one, two, three, four."