Kelly's POV

It was around one in the morning and I was half-dead on Michael's couch. He made me keep practicing the dance until it was his 'definition of perfect'. So now, thanks to him, I can barely move.

I had my eyes shut to try and block out the pain, but it wasn't working.

I felt someone's cool breath on my face. Assuming it was Michael, I kept my eyes shut.

"Kelly?" He called to me, moving a strand of hair off of my sticky face.

I chose to keep quiet: maybe he'd just leave me be, but of course, I was wrong.

"Kelly?" he whispered again. I only continued breathing.

He exhaled loudly. I thought he was going to turn away but instead I felt his hands slide under me and gently lift me up.

Damn, he was strong! I mean, granted, I didn't weigh a lot, but I did even out to around a hundred and twenty pounds.

He picked me up with ease and walked us somewhere unknown to me. I could feel him open the door because of the rush of cool air against my skin: it felt nice.

I heard him hurriedly speak to Rich in a low voice, and then we were on the move again.

His walk was so swift that I didn't feel dizzy. I heard the elevator door open and close. I could here someone step out.

"Hello Michael." The mysterious voice said. I'd know it anywhere.

"Hi Jennifer. . . So, what are you doing out walking so late?" He asked her.

It took her a few seconds, "oh, I was just returning from a friend's room," she said in her squeaky voice, "what about you?" She sounded more curt in this response.

"Oh, I um. . . I was just getting Kelly back to her room. She's really tuckered out." Michael said as he tightened his grip on me. I could just imagine her jealous face, but I still didn't dare look. I knew she always had had a crush on him.

"Yeah, I understand. But could I just ask you one tiny little question before you go?"

"Of course." Michael said.

"If you hadn't taken that audience vote. . . Would you still have picked Kelly?" She asked softly.

I could sense him thinking about it from the awkward silence. 

". . .Yes, I believe so." He said gently, trying not to hurt Jennifer's feelings. He was always too soft on people.

She scoffed, "well then. . . I guess this is goodnight." She said in a brisk tone. I heard her heels click away quickly in the other direction.

I heard him press the elevator door and it opened right away.

He walked us in and the door closed.

I have no idea why but it made me smile, I don't think I've ever felt that special in my life. I naturally cradled myself more into his chest and inhaled. His scent was intoxicating, I couldn't resist anymore, I got as close as I could to him, and fell asleep peacefully.

Concert Performance

As the lights grew brighter the cheering became louder and louder, strobe lights flared to the beat of the song. The whole stage lit up as Michael started singing. He came over towards me and we started out routine, I knew I was supposed to act like I didn't like him for the sake of the song, but even now I couldn't help but smile when he looked me in the eyes.

Our movements were as natural as waves washing up on shore, only boosting my confidence.

The song was nearly over, just a little more than ten seconds left. Then, Michael spun me into his arms, and surprisingly, we nailed the move, which is something that had never happened before.

Once I was in his arms, he leaned me down into the perfect dip.

The audience was shouting and clapping wildly, so he pulled me up after a few seconds and looked me in the eyes.

I couldn't believe it, right then and there he leaned in and pressed his sweet lips to mine. In the kiss there was excitement and happiness written all over it. He parted his lips ever so slightly, and at this point, I thought I didn't like him. No, I knew I didn't. . . right?

But I had to admit, the kiss was spectacular.

And I can't believe I'm admitting this, but so is he.

So, I did the first thing that popped into my mind. . .

I kissed him back.