Chapter 3

NOTES: Some swearing in this chapter.

It was a strange sound at first, a sound that Lapis had never heard of before or could even figure out any similarities to anything else. This sound was new...odd and somewhat not normal. Lapis followed this sound as she approached the barn, it got louder and louder...it was only then she figured that it was coming from a person...but who? After a few seconds, she figured it out. It was Peridot.

It sounded like Peridot hurt herself...Lapis sighed and rolled her eyes, thinking that the silly little green gem was trying to make a scene. But...the sounds were a little upsetting, as if Peridot was in real pain or even crying. Lapis decided to check on her...she gently pushed the barn door, the weight was nothing to her but still the door creaked...but not loud enough for Peridot to notice. It was dark at first but Lapis could see a light in the corner...glowing green. Lapis looked on in puzzlement and walked towards the green glow...at this point she could see Peridot but it was the light that had Lapis gasped. This wasn't just some light...it was a beam coming from Peridot's head gem...it was showing her dreams like a projector. Lapis watched with curiosity, while noticing Peridot tossing and turning as the vision dream continued.

This is what Lapis was watching...

LAPIS:Some gems...were created on this planet. Did you know that...?

Peridot took this question in, it wasn't filled with hate or any anger towards her so took this opportunity to take advantage of this mood...and perhaps actually talk for once.

PERIDOT:(Nods) Yes, I did...

LAPIS:Gems like us but...with no life. They were made naturally from the sources of this planet and then... made to be valuable.

PERIDOT:(Plays along) I knew that too.

LAPIS:Valuable to humans. (Peridot just nods again) And...how valuable was I to you, Peridot?

PERIDOT:Um...

LAPIS:How valuable was I?

PERIDOT:I'm...I'm not sure...w-what you-

LAPIS:(Interrupts) HOW VALUABLE WAS I? WAS I USEFUL TO YOU? ALL THE IMFORMATION YOU FORCED OUT OF ME, WAS I FUCKING WORTH IT? DID YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT?

PERIDOT:L-Lapis, please...I...I...

LAPIS:(Slowly forming tears) Like everyone else you used me...you made me trust you and then you...u-used me!

PERIDOT:Lapis, I'm...I'm sorry, I...I don't want this, I don't want this past that happen to us, I want it gone! I...I just want us...t-to be friends...I want us to start anew...

LAPIS:(Grits her teeth) We'll...never be friends...

PERIDOT:Oh, Lapis, please don't say that...there...t-there must be a way we can, oh I dunno...(Sighs) Just what do you want me to do? How...can I make it up to you...?

LAPIS:You can't! (Starts to cry) You hurt me...

PERIDOT:I know, I know and I wish I can take it back!