Chapter 9

NOTES: This chapter will contain some swearing.

In case of the ship, for any reason, to lose control, it will head for the nearest planet filled with life.

In all the planets that had organic life...Earth was the nearest one.

The emergency messaged disappeared with the final words of: Hail, Yellow Diamond. Our deaths will bring new life for our future gems.

PERIDOT: No...no, no, NO! Anything but Earth, why did it have to be Earth?

Another thing that caught her eye on the monitor...was that yellow Diamond was on her way and she was angrier than ever. A quick glimpse that Peridot saw was that the so-called flawless diamond had scratched markings on her...but that's all it was, just scratching's. Basically Peridot's new-found weapon didn't even penetrate the yellow diamond, it took a few shoots just to make little damage. Peridot knew Yellow Diamond was tough, she should've thought this through, a yellow diamond is the strongest substance. It was at this time when Peridot started to panic...the ship was heading to Earth, Yellow Diamond was making her way to the control room and they had no way to escape. Peridot looked at the panel...she found the source to close the door, the heavy doors slammed shut but knew this wouldn't keep Yellow Diamond out forever. Peridot sighed and then punched the control panel, though this didn't do anything but only to let out her frustrations. She looked up at the flashing monitors...though one was showing how far away from Earth they were. 20 minutes. This ship was travelling fast...at it's speed, it could pretty much destroy three quarters of the planet, if not all. Peridot began to well up, tears were forming...until she heard a sweet sound, calling her name.

LAPIS: Peridot...?

Peridot quickly rubbed her eyes to rid of the tears...she took a deep breath and walked over to Lapis. Even without her pupils, her eyes were still lovely to look at, even if a little eerie...Lapis produced a weak smile to Peridot, who sat next to her, holding her hand.

LAPIS: (Weak) We...c-can't escape can we...?

PERIDOT: (Pause) No...

LAPIS: (Nods but still smiles) That's okay...

PERIDOT: (Frowns) Uh...what?

LAPIS: It's okay. Yesterday was...(Blushing) Well, I'll never forget it, it was magical...it...it was amazing and it was with you...

PERIDOT: Oh...I...

LAPIS: I'm sorry for giving you a hard time.

PERIDOT: Oh, Lapis, it's my fault...you shouldn't be the one saying sorry...

LAPIS: Peridot-

PERIDOT: No! I need to say this! I'm...I'm sorry for all the pain, I gave you. The hurt, the interrogation. God knows I didn't want to do it! But...I...it was just orders...fucking orders, which I now know was just yellow Diamonds bullshit! (Sighs sadly) but still, I did it, I hurt you. I...I can't take back what I did to you...I never wanted to hurt you...(Tears appearing) I...dragged you into this. We're here because of me! I'm s-sorry! I'm sorry! How can you love me...considering what I did to you?

LAPIS: Peridot...I love you because you knew what you did was wrong, not just that but... I...I saw your dream...

PERIDOT: Ah, crap...

LAPIS: No, listen...no one has ever thought about me like that before, I was always used for someone's scheme but you...you was the only gem that actually cared...for me...yes, you hurt me but...I forgive you because you showed me much, much more...you showed me true love...and that time we spent together at the barn, I'll never forget...(Blushes) Your touch...your love...(Though weak, she manages to pull herself closer to Peridot, resting her head on the green gems shoulders) I'm just glad, I'm with you right now...