Prologue.

* Louise's POV *

She had always been one for fashion, her mum having exposed her at such a young age, and now whenever she went shopping for new clothes, Louise begged to come along, and she never seemed to have any objection bringing her along, making her very happy.

She was walking throughout the mall, wearing what could be considered a stylish outfit, a flower crown resting delicately on top of her head, and a bright smile on her face. 

She'd come for a few new items that had recently come in stock, having been waiting forever for them to come out in her size. Scampering happily into the store labeled, ' Forever 21', she browsed the aisle's of clothes for the ones she'd seen online, only to notice something a little out of place.

Crouching down, she noticed a small opening in between a few of the pants, they were meant more for women, but she'd always thought they looked better on men. 

Poking her head through the gap, she came almost face to face with a boy, and he seemed to be crying. But the moment she showed up, he yelped and wiped repeatedly at his face, as if though he'd thought she hadn't noticed, looking up with big brown puppy dog eyes, ringed red and puffy. 

"What the hell do you want?"

The words themselves were quite rude, but they didn't match his tone, it having wavered, nor his bodily position, it seemed as if though he were trying to appear tough.

Now she didn't speak at first, climbing in all the way and closing the gap so no one else would think to look inside, and sat down on her bum. It was a lot more roomy in here then'd she'd first given credit.

"I said, what the hell do you want?"

His words had more spite to them, seeing as he had time to calm himself down and take control of his voice, a much more fierce look in his eyes.

But Louise wasn't really frightened, she just offered him a smile.

"I was just wondering if there was anything I could do for you, would you like a sweet? I don't have any on me, but I do have a few pounds, and there's a sweets shop not to far from here." 

He seemed taken aback by her offer, hesitant to even answer.

"What do you want from me?"

She almost laughed, did he think she wanted something in return? She was just trying to be kind and thoughtful, as her mother always taught her to be.

"Yes, as a matter of fact I do."

His face washed over with disgust, scrunching up his nose, and he began to make the motion as if though he were going to get up and walk away.

But Louise stayed on her bum, her knees up to her chest, and her arms wrapped around them.

"I'd like you're company, and you're help. They have far to many sweets there to choose from, and I'm afraid I may buy all of them if I don't have another person there."

He paused, turned his head back to look at her, he seemed awfully confused, but he didn't leave. In fact, he sat back down across from her, clearing his throat and licking his lips.

"Why are you being  so nice to me?"

She shrugged only a moment after his voice stopped, a grin overtaking her features. 

"Does there have to be a reason to be nice to someone who looks to be in a spot of trouble? I don't think so."

Now it was her turn to stand up, offering her hand to him.