six

Shawn

We were now in the indoor water park. I just smiled at the sight of Val and her daughter. She's always wanted a kid, a family. I remember she would always talk about it, and me leaving her in her time of need really made me feel guilty. It must've crushed her.

My feelings towards her hit me hard. I thought when i saw her again I wouldn't feel anything...but I feel everything I felt towards her 5 years ago. All the love I felt for her..I feel now but stronger.

"Shawn come with me!" Dana yelled tugging my arm. I smiled following her up the stairs that led to a water slide. "Come wit me" she said as she sat. I sat right behind her and pushed off the ground and we were heading down. She was laughing, I loved her laugh. She laughed just like Val.

Once we made it to the bottom Val was waiting there with her camera. "Aw cute" she said as she stared at the camera screen. "Let me see let me see" Dana said running to her. "I look like I have a daddy!" She said smiling widely. It shattered my heart. Chad abandoned Val for no reason. He told me he was leaving. I asked Laur why he was. She told me he didn't want to be a dad. That's no excuse though. It was his fault that she's like this.

Val looked at me and smiled. I smiled back and walked towards them. "How about we head to the arcade and I can win you and your mommy something" I said picking her up. She nodded and cheered.
--

"I want the turtle!" Dana said. "Okay" I said as I inserted the coin in the machine.

After 6 try's I eventually caught it for her. She was so happy. I loved seeing her that way. I know it may seem odd considering I'm not her father. But I feel like I could be.

I feel like I could become a part of the family.

If Val would let me.

------------------
Shawn is adorable i