fourteen

-3 weeks later

Shawn

"We can't stop looking" I said. "Shawn it's been weeks, I think we should leave it to the police.." Zach said. I looked at him. "No, we're not going to stop until we find her" I said. "Shawn, it's time to stop" he said. "How can you say that? If this was your child would you stop?!" I shouted. Zach sighed "no.." He said.

"Alright then let's keep looking" I said and began to walk again. Val, her mom and Laur went to other side of town to look. I'm losing hope, what if we can never find her. But then again I can't lose hope.

.

.

"Dude it's eleven we should get back" Zach said. "No" I responded. "You know what I'm sorry I'm going home and I'll look again in the morning" he said walking away. I don't care honestly I want to find her and I won't rest until I do. Even if I went back home I would sleep atleast 3 hours before getting up and leaving again. I can't sleep until I know she's safe with me and Val.

My phone began to ring. I looked at the caller id it was Val.

Shawn
"Hey Val"

Valerie
"Hun just come home.."

Shawn
"No I'm not coming home until I find her"

Valerie
"Shawn please you need to rest...Zach and Laur are right why don't we just stop and wait for the police to find her.."

Shawn
"How could you say that? This is our daughter Val!"

Valerie
"I'm just so tired Shawn...Chad might've went to the other side of the world with her and we don't even know...we're just wasting time"

Shawn
"This. Is. Our. Daughter"

Valerie
"For gods sake Shawn she's not your daughter she's mine okay mine I gave birth to her and Chad is the fücking father okay just come home!"

Shawn
"Wow.."

Valerie
"Oh my god Shawn...I-I didn't mean that..you know she sees---"

I hung up the phone. Did she really just say that? She said that...I know I didn't help "make" her but I'm more than a father that Chad ever was. Chad was never even there. Me ever since I came back I was always there. I don't care anymore. I might be angry at Val. But I love Dana with all my heart and I'm going to find her.

------

Damn I literally heard Val yelling at Shawn as I was typing this.