Chapter 12

(Y/N)'s POV:

"I'm so bored! There's nothing to do!" I complain to my empty room.

Of course, it is midnight.

I don't know why, but I just can't sleep. Okay, maybe I do know. I may be anxious for my date with Yoon Gi. But, why?

I don't like him, and he has a girlfriend!

I need to relax, but I don't think there's a chance of that happening.

I decided to grab a snack from the fridge. Geez, Arthur's going to yell at me tomorrow for taking a snack so late at night.

I returned to my room and locked the door. Arthur could possibly barge in here at this time of night.

There's a surprising tap at my window. I looked outside the window and saw Yoon Gi.

What's he doing here?!

Is his face treat stricken?!

Yoon Gi climbs into my room.

"What's wrong?" I ask. His eyes are still watery.

Without any warning, he hugged me. I was about to push him away, but he tightened his grip.

"I'm sorry," he began, "I shouldn't have been a jerk. You know, all the guys disapproved my relationship with Min Ji, but I thought that it did not matter because I loved her. I was wrong. The guys could see what I couldn't. They weren't blinded by her act. I know you didn't tell me anything about Min Ji, but I want you to forgive me."

"Yoon Gi, what happened?"

"She cheated on me," more tears filled up his eyes.

"I'm so sorry for asking," I say truly regretting.

"Don't worry about it. In fact, I'm the one that's sorry."

I hugged him back. His shoulders stiffened at first, but he relaxed after a short time.

"Why are you apologizing to me?"

"She was so rude to you most of the time, and I never stopped her. I know you won't say, 'I told you so,' and I need your help to ask the others for forgiveness. Could you please help me?" He looked at me with pleading eyes. It was so easy to tell he had been heart broken. He was acting so weak right now. Definitely not the Min Yoon Gi I came to know.

"Yes, I'll help you."

"Thank you," he hugged ne close and buried his head in my neck. He began to cry.

I began to rub his back in small circles, just the way a person would do to a crying child.

"That helps," he said between sobs. "Thank you."

"I'll always be here if you need a shoulder to cry on," I said smiling at him.

He smiled back. The tears still striking his eyes. I know it's a sincere smile. I can't explain why, but I just know.

"Yoon Gi, you should go to sleep," I said patting his back.

"Yes, I will," he said wiping his eyes. I thought he was going to jump out the window, but he decided to lie down on my bed instead.

"Uh, Yoon Gi, that's my bed," I said awkwardly.

"I know," he said silently grabbed my hand and pulled me down.

I fell on the bed next to him. He hugged me gently.

"I'm sorry for making you feel awkward, but I just need someone with me right now," he said in a sleepy voice.

I turned around to face him, "It's okay, I understand you're sad." I don't know if it's weird or not, but I had no fears being next to him. I know he won't try anything.

Instead of falling asleep, he and I talked for a long time. Mainly about him. After some time, I heard soft breathing. Yoon Gi's breathing was rythmitic. I could faintly heart the calmness of his beating heart.

I decided to look up. He looked so peaceful.

That's weird, I'm finding this somewhat cute and handsome.

No! Stop!

I'm going to marry this guy by force! I don't think of him being good looking in any way!

Oh, well. Fighting with myself won't solve any problems.

I looked up at the ceiling. Nothing there, like always. But I feel so relaxed.

My eyelids began to get heavy. I looked at Yoon Gi and smiled right before I couldn't bear to stay awake.