Chapter 6

It's been months.

Cameron is five and a half months. Tyler has lost hope, but we still have sex a few times a week

It's September 16th and Mom is throwing some family party. Cameron is all laughing and happy and chewing on his feet and smiling.

And I'm upset. Del has Blake watching him.

She's driving somewhere. I don't know where, but she forced me to come along.

I'm not pregnant. I didn't even bother with tests because I'm not having symptoms. I've not even gained weight.

I'm upset because I'm certain that I'm infertile.

I haven't told anybody, and I haven't told Tyler that I think this.

My period still shows up a bit every month.

Del stops the car at CVS and turn to me.

"I'm having symptons again. Cramping, naseaua..." she trails off.

I have mood swings and cramping, but I know it's because I'm emotional and my period is making me cramp.

I go inside with her, and she gets six tests, and then we go to my Mom's again, straight upstairs to the bathroom.

She shoves three at me.

"Del, I don't want to go through this again."

"Do it anyways." She says.

I really,really don't want to argue with her, so I just agree, and I pee on the sticks first.

She goes second, and then she flushes.

I'm so nervous, my stomach is cramping like shit and I'm scared.

I feel bile rise in my throat, and I puke up everything in my stomach.

"Shit Car!" she gasps, pulling my hair back. "Holy hell, are you preg?"

"No!" I gasp through gags. "We've been trying for months, Del! I can't!"

She rubs my back.

I'm sobbing.

"What if he leaves?" I choke through tears. "I can't give him a baby, Del."

She rubs my back.

"Tyler would never leave you."

I stand up, flushing the toilet, and then get a new toothbrush from the cabinet and scrub my teeth, but I even gag at that, but I spit before I can puke, and I drink water from the faucet, and then I just sit on the edge of the tub.

"Why didn't you come to me?" she whispers.

"I don't know." I sniffle. "I couldn't."

We both sit there way longer than necessary, and then she stands up and looks at the tests.

She grins, a huge grin, and her eyes are full of tears.

Jealously rips through my entire body.

She's pregnant.

Again.

And guess who's not.

Me.

Of course.

My tests were on the left side of the counter.

Hers were on the right.

She picks up all the ones on the right and shoves them in her purse.

"I'm going home." I grumble.

She grabs my wrist.

"You might wanna take these with you." She points to the tests.

"Why?" I sniffle. "They mean nothing, they're-"

Pregnant.

Pregnant.

Pregnant.

I stare at them for a long time.

"Del-" I cut off.

And then I start sobbing.

Oh god.

Oh god.

Oh my god.

Crying, she walks out of the bathroom.

Tyler

"Are they back yet?" I ask Blake.

"The car's been here for almost an hour, bro." he says.

Delaney comes strolling into the living room, tears sliding down her cheeks.

"Your wife is crying." She says to me, wiping her eyes.

"Why?"

"I don't know." She sniffles. "She's upstairs."

I stand up, handing Cameron to her, worried, and rush out of the living room.

I hurry upstairs, and I can hear her hiccupping in the bathroom.

I rush in.

She's throwing up.

"Oh my god baby!" I shut the door, rushing to her, pulling her hair back, rubbing her back gently. "What's wrong?" I ask, frantic. "What's the matter?"

She keeps throwing up. I rub her back in slow circles until she's completely finished.

She sits back, flushing the toilet, resting her head against the seat.

She stands up again, and grabs a already used toothbrush, one that's still wet, as if it was just used.

She coats it in toothpaste and scrubs her teeth violently.

I lean against the counter, resting my hand against something.

I look down to push it away.

Three purple sticks.

And they all read the same thing.

Pregnant.

16 to 17 wks.

Pregnant.

16 to 17 wks.

Pregnant.

16 to 17 wks.

Oh shit.

Oh my god.

I stare at the tests, and then back at Carmen.

"Baby-"

Carmen

"Del was having symptoms. She made me take those with her. I wasn't having any symptoms at all, but hers came back negative, and mine are positive. My period has been so light, just spotting, but I've been cramping and moodier. I thought it was because I was upset I wasn't pregnant. I haven't weighed myself in two months."

He grips my shoulders.

"Sixteen to seventeen weeks. That's four months!"

I grip his wrists.

"I'm pregnant." I whisper. "We're having a baby."

"Oh my god!" he starts yelling. "This is it!" he picks me up, spinning me, kissing me, hard. I'm laughing and he is too.

He sets me down, and I stumble a little from him spinning me so much.

I'm having a baby.