Chapter 10

We all scheduled the shopping spree for Saturday.

It's Friday though, and Tyler is still in bed.

It's ten, and I feel Emily kicking around in my belly.

I want to spoil her.

Now.

Mom cancelled the shopping spree because we're getting everything for the shower.

I bitched for hours because I just want to buy things for my daughter.

Daughter.

Christ, that's a weird feeling.

I'm just not in charge of me anymore.

I'm standing in the kitchen, drinking orange juice, singing to Emily.

I'm making the song up as I go, dancing around the kitchen.

I gasp when I turn around and see my husband leaning against the entrance to the kitchen, his hands in the pockets of his sweats, smiling.

"You're so beautiful, sweetheart." He smiles. "I love you, Sunshine."

"I love you too." I smile.

He walks over to me, kissing me.

"Dance with me." he says.

"What?" I ask.

"Dance with me." he holds his hand out to me.

I take it, and we dance around the kitchen, laughing.

I sigh, resting my head on his chest.

"I want our baby to come out now." I whine.

<><>

They made us wait a whole two months, until I was eight months pregnant, to get anything for the baby.

The room is ready, painted a soft purple, a crib in there.

The theme is stars.

The room is a very light purple, almost lilac. We got those glow in the dark stars for her room, and they're all over the ceiling, and I made a glow in the dark moon to hang from the ceiling, and it does. It's a crescent moon.

Her crib is white. It's oak, and it's real wood. We got her a light purple sheet and bed liner, and that's the same shade of purple. It's covered in yellow stars. Her baby blanket is purple with stars.

We got a matching changing table, and a stroller and crib set. It's a jogging stroller, so it's only three wheels. It's purple and gray. The car seat came with it, along with the base.

The base and the car seat are already in the range rover. The car seat clips right into the stroller.

We have everything we could possibly need, and tons and tons of diapers. The diaper bag is packed with everything the two of us and the baby need for the hospital.

I'm due tomorrow now.

I'm wandering around the house, bored out of my mind. I really want my baby.