Chapter 16

We ended up at home, the baby sleeping in the crib, the two of us lying in bed, not touching, not speaking, both of us just staring at the ceiling.

"Are you alright?" he finally asks.

I nod, but then I remember he's not looking at me.

"Yes." I say. I pause. "No."

He rolls over, his left arm snaking around my side, he pulls me against him, his right arm propping his head up.

Slowly, I look at him.

"What's bothering you? You know, if you don't want to go to Palm Beach,"

"No, no, it's not that. It's just..."

I sit up.

"I dunno, I guess, I mean, the Hamptons is home. It doesn't have everything I was raised with anymore, but it's still the place I was born and raised."

"Okay." He frowns. "So?"

"So I don't want the people that belong here the people that made the Hamptons home...I don't want them to leave."

"Your parents." He says.

One thing he does that I used to find very strange, and I still find strange, but now I'm used to, is he always has to lift my shirt up and touch skin. He doesn't like touching the clothes I'm wearing because it's not me. He likes to touch me. On my skin.

He pulls my shirt up to the bottom of my ribs so my breasts aren't exposed, and then he moves his hand on my belly. I've lost the baby weight after watching my diet and working out.

"Sadly, I can't control that." I mutter. "But I wish I could. I'm not ready to not go to New York to see my parents."

"Change is good." He says.

"I know." I whisper. "It's good, but scary."

"And they're not selling the house." He adds.

I sigh.

"I know."

He shifts, sliding his right arm under me, he wraps his arms all the way around me and rests his head on my breasts. I tangle my fingers in his hair. I love him. I love that he sleeps without a shirt on, and the way his arms look when they're wrapped around me. His muscles are showing.

He's the best thing.

"I love you." I whisper.

"I," he kissesmy ribs. "Love you," he kisses my lips. "Too." He rests his head on my breasts again.

We haven't had sex in six months because I was pregnant and not in the mood and I wasn't allowed to have sex for four to six weeks, but we've been so tired with the baby that we just never did it. I want to desperately. I'm pent up.

It's been two months and one week, so five weeks since I've had Emily.

It's fucking time.

He doesn't make a move though, and I'm about to bitch at him, I'm wearing his shirt and a thong, and I don't have a bra on, just his gray shirt and the back lace thong.

My shirt is only lifted to my ribs.

He shifts his head on my chest and then lifts his head off. He raises his left hand and pulls my shirt all the way up, grabbing my left tit, he puts his mouth on my nipple.

"Tyler!" I gasp, shocked.

He's not licking.

He's sucking.