CHAPTER 13: HUNTING

Tell me when the timeline gets too confusing. I tend to toggle back and forth in time. By the way, I’m basing this fanfic to the manga since I don’t remember much of the anime version.

♥♥♥

A baby was perch on the branch of a tree near the window of an ordinary looking house. His face was morphed in a serious expression while his eyes were trained solely on the man sitting in front of his computer, rapidly hitting the keyboard while spewing out string of curses.

He observe the man some more before he stood up and jump down the ground without a noise. He was on the right address it seems, Ohira residence just on the outskirt of Namimori. Apparently, Vongola’s intelligence team got a hold of his address from the little email exchanged he had with the Nono.

Reborn pulled his fedora down a bit to create a shadow while a green chameleon crawl down his shoulder. He make his way to the front door ready to knock when it open on its own revealing a young girl probably six or seven years old.

“Uwaah! A baby…so cute,” the girl squeal while picking him up. Reborn let the girl as she cradle him like a real baby. The position was a little uncomfortable but it provide him the easiest way inside the house so he bite his tongue to stop speaking, at least for now.

“Onii-chan! Onii-chan! Look I find a baby, he’s so cute!” the girl squeal again and run up the stairs to where he assume his ‘onii-chan’ is, to the place where he exactly needed to be.

“Azuna, don’t randomly pick a baby off the streets. The parents must be looking for him now,” a muffle voice answered from behind the closed door.

“But he was on our doorstep so I thought he was given to us like those in the movies,” Azuna replied with a watery eyes as he stare at the baby in her arms. “Can we keep him though?”

The door behind them opened and Reborn felt himself being picked up again, this time by a bigger hands. This must be him Ohira Takumi, the man under the name 27thSky.

“You can’t keep him, that’s illegal. Now how about you get dress, you’ll be late to school,” the man’s voice answered and the girl hesitantly leave for his room giving the unmoving hitman a sad wave of hand. When Azuna fully disappear, Reborn finally release his tongue and jump out of the man’s arm.

“Wha—?”

“Ciaosu! I’m Reborn and I came here under Vongola Nono’s order—” Reborn barely got out before the man jump and ran back to his room.

The hitman just smirked. Someone’s obviously guilty.

The door’s lock clicked followed by sounds of clinking metal probably chains and furniture scraping the floor. Well the genius hacker must be a fool if he thought that would be enough to stop him.

His green chameleon crawl down his arm to his hand and shifted into a small chainsaw. He carved out a circular hole just enough for him to go through then kick the wood to propel himself inside.

Reborn landed in a cushion while his target just squeak and pick up the hard disks from the now destroyed computers then attempt to jump out of the window. He wasn’t fast enough though when green rope wrapped around his feet cutting his balance off, making him slam on the nearby object which happen to be the monitor.

“Gah!”

The disks were thrown away, intentionally of course by his target but the hitman caught were it landed from the corner of his eyes. The rope, on the other hand, slithered on its own like a snake around the man until it has him completely immobile. The hacker was known to be more than capable in combat so it was a mere precautionary measure. The Vongola need him alive and kicking so unnecessary fights are no good.

“It’s nice to finally meet you 27thSky…” the hitman said to his struggling captive who were trying to regain his breathing.

“The Sky is free until the 27th. Don’t push your luck,” the hacker scoffed despite his uneven pattern of breathe.

“Too bad then… for you that is.” Before Reborn launch himself and kick the man on the back of his head.

Three men from Vongola came after an hour to retrieve the unconscious Ohira Takumi and collect all his equipment. The private jet had already been warmed up and ready to fly back to Italy upon arrival of the hacker.

The room was repaired back on its normal state after making sure anything important have been collected. The hole on the door though was repaired through the traditional covering it up with posters they found in the room.

There’s really not much of a time so it was the least they could do to delay being found out but made sure that it would never lead back to the Vongola. The hacker was then flung over one of the men’s shoulder while Reborn sat on the another man’s head. They all shuffled inside an ordinary looking car before zooming away, forgetting something important.

Ohira Azuna quietly watch the big men carry her brother to the car waiting in front of their door from her small window. Even the baby she found on their doorstep had been taken by them. She was trembling from the moment she had heard loud sounds from his brother’s room so she hid in the closet.

She didn’t know what to do until she remember something her brother told her.

“In case I did not go home or someone take me, call this number. Tell them what I have you memorized, they know what to do…”

She looked for the phone she was told to hide together with the paper where the number was written and found it under her cabinet. Dialing the number she could barely see with the tears in her eyes, she waited for a few seconds before a female voice answered.

“Wéi”

“T-The first sky has fallen…”

“What do you mean he isn’t the 27thSky?” Reborn almost shouted over his phone.

He left Nami Middle after a message from the External Advisor about the hacker in their custody. The CEDEF took responsibility of checking the identity of the man they brought in.

“It’s as I have said, he isn’t the real 27thSky. All of his memory storages were now empty and filled with viruses instead. The moment we plugged in the disk, it started attacking our system,” the man on the other line explained to him.

“And how does that make Ohira Takumi a fake 27thSky?”

“He isn’t exactly a fake Reborn. The viruses had come from somewhere else and had infiltrated us through the disk. We’ve somehow manage to fight the intruders and locate them, it was someone from China this time. Ohira was somewhat a subordinate it seems, an information branch of the real hacker.”

“Where is he now?”

“Ohira? He’s still under our custody, we can’t really let him go since he isn’t exactly innocent and might know something. He isn’t talking though except when he shouted a name when he woke up”

“Name?”

“Someone named Azuna”

“It’s his sister left in the house”

“The house was gone now though. It was all ashes when my men came back. But none have seem to notice the fire when it happen”

“They were cleaning evidence. I did not mind it too much before but it could be relevant now, he said ‘the Sky is free until the 27th'. It could be a date for all we know so force him to talk,” the hitman said before ending the call without waiting for the other’s reply.

He wanted to curse for forgetting something important. The kid definitely know something too, whether she’s alive or not though is the problem. The evidence could have include her and so she was cleaned.

♥♥♥

Wéi is hello in Mandarin when greeting over a phone (It was similar to moshi moshi, I’m not too sure though).

Cielo27deVongola