2

Chapter 2: Thief

" Did you catch him " asked the prince.

" N-no your highness we-"

" No ? You let that Theif go again " shouted the prince, slamming one of the note pad that he was working with on the finely made wooden table .

" I- I'm sorry your highness " stuttered the head of the guards who was standing in front of the table the prince was working on. Keeping his head down, not daring making eye contact with the Prince.

"sorry is not going to put him behind bars "

" I sincerely apologise your high-"

" I don't want to hear it, you're dismissed " the prince said with a annoyed tone .

" yes your highness" bowed down the guard before exiting the princes office shutting the door lightly, not making any sound. He was afraid if he angers the prince anymore he would be executed.

The prince ran his fingers through his hair while leaning back in is chair and letting out a sigh. Looking out the window he can see the the palace garden, It was filled with flowers upon flowers. Each of them possessed a different colour and scent. He used adore the garden, taken a walk every day appreciating its beauty. It was Her favourite place in the palace, he ordered to have it set up just for Her.

" Jimin " the princes mother,the queens voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

" I told you I don't like being called that"

" when are you going to get over the fact that she's gone " the queen said as she's sits down in one of the expensive leather chairs that was placed in front of the wooden desk the prince, Jimin was working on .

" Mother " Jimin said sternly, a frown spread across his face .

" Jim-" she began again.

" I said don't call me that " Jimin shouted out, Breathing heavily his eyes burning into his mothers.

" get out if you have nothing else to say" he said, looking back down continuing the work he was doing, signing paper as an approval of what's written.

" how dare you be so rude to me I am the queen " his mother raised her voice slightly. But she was ignored, Jimin did not reply to her, he wasn't in the mood to start an argument.

Jimin hated being called by his name. it reminded him of Her. It reminded him of the way She used to say his name, it made shivers run down his spine. It's like she had a spell on him, he was head over heals for her. He would do anything for her, he did everything for her.

But then she left him taking his heart along with her and it was all his fault, that's what he thinks. Jimin blames himself everyday for what happened to her, he thinks he deserves punishment, he thinks that he doesn't Deserve happiness .

That's why the prince Jimin changed completely. He no longer has that cheerful contagious smile that everyone falls for and the bright and friendly personality. Now the smile is replaced by blank look and the friendly personality is replaced by heartless one.

The prince changed so much, it's almost like he's cold blooded. The feeling of pain and guilt has overpowered the rest of his emotions so much that he can't feel love or happiness. Never having a good night of sleep, constantly having the same nightmare reoccurring every night for the past two years.

Snapping out of his thoughts again Jimin realised that his mother, the queen was no longer there she had left the room when he was deep in thought .

A knock came of the door, the prince rolled his eyes and let out a sigh, This is the third time he's been interrupted.

" Come in " he said giving permission to the person who's behind the door .

The door opened revealing the head of the guards once again for the second time .

" what is it this time " frowned the annoyed prince.

" we found Him your highness "

-

Word count : 666